funky solos/bass grooves

Share your favourite Noatikl tips and tricks
timbre

funky solos/bass grooves

Postby timbre » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:17 am

How could i setup up noatikl to let it generate solo's and bass lines in funk/moog disco style ?

I have midi chords sequenced already playing in the host sequencer,
so i guess i have to make noatikl "listen" to the already present chord progressions, so the generative pieces are harmonically correct.

How can this be done ?

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby impete » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:52 pm

Hi!

We're just about to start work on extending noatikl to be a hyper-instrument, and generally responding to incoming MIDI events in interesting ways, so do please keep an eye on developments on the website/forum! :)

All the very best,

Pete

squier
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Re: funky solos/bass grooves

Postby squier » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:55 am

hi pete have a question on the funky solos bass grooves have this been implermented as of yet i am using my listening to monitor my chords set a follow for the voice bass but i need the voice bass to follow with a funky bass line in key an too follow my chords grv.this would be a true intermorphic play also second question is there a script that can design this fuction :roll: [thanks for the great program noatikl] 8)

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi!

The best bass lines I have heard in Noatikl, have been where patterns are used to "seed" the base, and then allowed to mutate. They can sound pretty fantastic, especially when the patterns really mutate ... and of course, require a good bass synth to sound particularly good!

Best wishes,

Pete

earthmuse
Platinum

Postby earthmuse » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:45 pm

@pete . . . care to share anything further on noatikl 2.0?
jim

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:46 pm

Hi Jim,

Our current focus for Noatikl (now that we've sorted-out the new tiny file format!) is to add-in some Noatikl parameter editing to Mixtikl. I'm hoping to create some new pattern entry/import code here, which should arrive in various forms in both Mixtikl and Noatikl. We're keeping focused on free incremental updates (so that'd presumably be Noatikl 1.8), rather than doing "big-bang" annual releases; that helps us to keep on improving things without imposing artificial timescales.

The good news is that Mixtikl 2.3 seems to be very popular, judging by the comments we've received! The thing that really makes Mixtikl great at what it does, is the generative Noatikl content and engine, so Noatikl remains totally core to what we do.

Best wishes,

Pete

earthmuse
Platinum

Postby earthmuse » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:10 pm

hey pete
thanks for the info on noatikl

you had mentioned this in a prior post:
We're just about to start work on extending noatikl to be a hyper-instrument, and generally responding to incoming MIDI events in interesting ways, so do please keep an eye on developments on the website/forum! :)

any more specifics on that aspect?
cheers
jim

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:57 pm

Hi Jim!

That post was from 2008 - since when we added the entire scripting and listening aspect to Noatikl. Which seems to have been pretty popular!

Best wishes,

Pete

squier
Bronze

Postby squier » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:02 am

impete wrote:Hi!

The best bass lines I have heard in Noatikl, have been where patterns are used to "seed" the base, and then allowed to mutate. They can sound pretty fantastic, especially when the patterns really mutate ... and of course, require a good bass synth to sound particularly good!

Best wishes,

Pete

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
hello pete
ok if i make my pattern,s and used it to seed my[ bass voice] will these pattern,s follow my midi input from my keyboard chord progression in key ..what i am asking for is the program[bass voice] to follow my play chords and the [bass voice] to have the tight funky bass line following my chords i thought that program was all ready design too this fuction like koan pro. [not harmony only ] if it need to be luna skript for this fuction please let me know [my wish list is noatikl to be the new m3 korg ]portable on my laptop make it happen pete an tim ..thanks again for your time..$$ :shock:

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:19 am

To have your bass lines harmonise with MIDI input, you first need to create a "listening" voice that will "track" to your incoming MIDI data.
The bass line voice will then harmonize with the listening voice.
Give it a go - let us know how you get on! :)

Best wishes,

Pete

squier
Bronze

Postby squier » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:05 pm

impete wrote:To have your bass lines harmonise with MIDI input, you first need to create a "listening" voice that will "track" to your incoming MIDI data.
The bass line voice will then harmonize with the listening voice.
Give it a go - let us know how you get on! :)

Best wishes,

Pete

hi pete this i have done it it works just as you said harmonsie with the midi input not a problem there .
my request is as you have read but fail too answer[i don,t no why ] [i no this program is Not get what it is limited] not what you pay for Right ? sooo i willl cut and paste my question again and [if the program can,t do this fuction just tell me ]but if it is able to do this then bravo to you pete and tim AND I WILL BE A VERY HAPPY PAYING CUSTOMER WHAT I HAVE PURCHASE= TO A GOOD THING $$
funky solos/bass grooves
////////////////////////// //////////////////////////////////////
SOOOO here we go again ?? to have the tight funky bass line,s following my external midi input keyboard chords please explain how i can make this fuction work and do i need to script lu for this request function
[[i am not asking to harmonsie as you all ready no]] thank you sir for your time...to help me and other,s
who perchase your product software..

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:57 am

to have the tight funky bass line,s following my external midi input keyboard chords please explain how i can make this fuction work and do i need to script lu for this request function

I guess I must have mis-understood; how do you want your Noatikl generated bass lines to respond to your chords, other than by harmonising...?

There are lots of things you could experiment with.

You could for example create a voice that "listens" to incoming MIDI notes, and have that followed by another voice that generates deep arpeggiated bass lines using the chording parameters.

More complex things or specific behaviours might require use of trigger scripts, that require quite a lot of work and careful experimentation & working through the documentation until you can establish the limitations and capabilities of such an approach. Scripting is too open-ended for me to give specific advice on, but there are quite a few Noatikl script users on the forum who might be able to give more detailed advice!

Best wishes,

Pete

Return to “Tips”