Noatikl iOS Issue

Tell us what doesn't work as it should
ltf3
Gold

Noatikl iOS Issue

Postby ltf3 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:58 pm

HI

In Noatikl 2.7.17 on iOS 8.1 Im finding that Cubasis 1.8 crashes when

1: Noatikl is added as an IAA source on an Audio Track. Cubasis just quits.

2:Noatikl has its MIDI output routed to Cubasis MIDI inputs, is playing ( MIDI out only, no Partikl) and I switch between Noatikl and Cubasis apps. Cubasis seems to immediately re-start, but it causes havoc with any active IAA connections!

It could be a issue anywhere ... iOS 8.1 update, Noatikl Update, even a recent Cubasis update. But I thought I'd start here. Other IAA apps aren't making Cubasis crash ... usually !

Best

Lee

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Noatikl iOS Issue

Postby impete » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:37 pm

Hi!

This sounds like a fairly classic problem that we've seen historically with some devices on desktop, where some software simply doesn't copy properly coping with lots of MIDI events - of which Noatikl creates quite a few on start-up.

We added a special option to Noatikl desktop a few months back, which allows you to define whether or not Noatikl should generate most of those MIDI events or not.

We're now thinking about maybe adding this feature to Noatikl for iOS, in case that solves your problem?

Best wishes,

Pete

ltf3
Gold

Postby ltf3 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:32 pm

I'm sure we're all asking way too much for iOS and the iPad! But the iPad is so nice to fiddle around on ... feels like a jam session!

Might be best to stay in a single App and not try to get it all running at once ... see my request for recording features to help with this?

But if you think your MIDI filter would help to thin out the data stream, then I'm all in. Though Im generally despairing at how badly MIDI works in iOS between apps. Maybe is just not a thing and I should start saving for a laptop again :wink:

christo4us
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Postby christo4us » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:50 pm

Same issues using ios 8.3, FL Studio Mobile (same issue on ipad and iphone), via midi bridge. I have 3 Noatikl Channels going to FL Studio Mobile. As soon as I hit play in Noatikl, the red bar at top goes out (i.e. FL crashes). I have to restart FL while Noatikl is playing, and reset the midi setting in FL and then hit record before anything happens. Also goes for Music Studio (which is basically the same as FL).

I thought maybe I could control record/play via audiobus, where I could hit play on Noatikl in the AB side menu while in FL, but this is not even an option.

I DID get this to work using 2 devices (iphone and ipad) via Apollo midi (Bluetooth), with Noatikl running on the iphone and FL Studio on the ipad. But probably not everyone has this luxury, and it would be nice to have it all working on one device. I still wish we could have the possibility of recording midi output from within Noatikl so we can export the midi files to a DAW.

Umcorps
Platinum

Postby Umcorps » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:50 am

I'm not 100% familiar with midi bridge on iOS, but, if you can, it would be worth setting up a filter on the iNoatikl output, and take out everything from it that you don't need. As a starting point I'd just keep the note related data and midi realtime messages. See if that helps stability any.

christo4us

Postby christo4us » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:47 am

Thanks for the advice, I have tried this in midibridge today, unfortunately initial attempts are still resulting in FL Studio Mobile crashing. Will keep trying with setting filters and then post if successful.

Return to “Bug Reports”