Tell us what doesn't work as it should
attocean
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Logic Pro X Issue

Postby attocean » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:14 pm

Hey there,

Trying to use the Logic version. Previously it always worked for me, but currently each MIDI track in Logic is taking in each MIDI note from the Noatikl Application. So essentially if my Logic session has 3 melody tracks in it, I'm actually getting every melody 3 times. Kind of confusing to explain.

My settings all look good. I have Tracks 1, 2 and 3 assigned to MIDI tracks 1, 2 and 3. I have Noatikl assigned to my 4th track which I just have on the 16th MIDI channel (though I believe it doesn't matter as long as it's not going to 1, 2 or 3). And inside the Noatikl app I have my 3 melodies going to MIDI 1, 2 and 3.

As I said, this usually works fine, but I hadn't opened up Noatikl in a couple years. Also, I have the most up-to-date version of Noatikl installed.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Umcorps
Platinum

Re: Logic Pro X Issue

Postby Umcorps » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:59 am

The usual reason for that is that the "auto demix by channel" setting in Logic hasn't been enabled.

In Logix X, its in File/Project settings/Recording (i.e. its NOT in the project Midi preferences which is confusing). Logic sets this off by default.

Umcorps
Platinum

Re: Logic Pro X Issue

Postby Umcorps » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:02 pm

Quick 'n dirty example of this in action using Noatikl on iOS to drive instruments in Logic X

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMKD43rx9HI

Return to “Bug Reports”