Tell us what doesn't work as it should
Riggar
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Unable to get Noatikl 3 to work in Ableton

Postby Riggar » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:53 pm

Win 10 fully updated, Ableton 9.5
Noatikl in track 1, input set to 'no input', Noatikl set up with a 'simple' template, midi output set to (I've tried LoopBe and LoopMIDI - you can't use midi yoke in 10, it doesn't install)
A synth in track 2, (tried several), midi from set to LoopBe (also tried LoopMIDI), 2nd window set to channel 1 to match Noatikl's Simple template
All I get is a piano sound coming out of track 1 (ok I can switch that off)
No midi is moving over to track 2 - and the synth there does not sound - ever!

Riggar
Bronze

Re: Unable to get Noatikl 3 to work in Ableton

Postby Riggar » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:32 am

update ...

- to confirm I have set the Ableton preferences for midi correctly
- it did work fine with Noatikl 2 (using loopBe then)
- a work around is to run the stand alone version through loopMIDI and pick up the midi direct into Ableton tracks

still curious why Noatikl 3 isn't doing it?

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby impete » Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:28 am

Hi Riggar!

Thank goodness for LoopMIDI - without it, I'd have found testing MIDI support on Windows 10 very tough! :)

Do you have a copy of Reaper installed (free install from Cockos - I don't have Ableton) from which you could do a similar test?

Clearly, if there is a problem here, I want to fix it as soon as possible!

Best wishes,

Pete

Riggar
Bronze

Postby Riggar » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:51 pm

Pete,

thanks for getting back, I've been away a few days.

first of all I've got Reaper - but as a very novice user. Try as I might (I've spent a couple of hours at it) I cannot get Noatikl to run in one track and pass over midi data to a 2nd track containing a vst synth ...

one thing I'm not clear about - why oh why do I keep hearing that piano sound?
I assume its being generated from Noatikl BUT I don't want it - all I want is the midi stream from (for example from 'loopMIDI Port1')

Muzzyratti

Postby Muzzyratti » Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:56 am

Guys,

I made this puzzle on a mac in OSX 10.9.5.

To work Noatikl 3 on a MAC in OSX 10.9.5 in Ableton Live you should do next steps:

1. Go to "Audio-Midi Setup" Utility, open IAC Driver Properties.
2. Check "Device is online" box AND create minimum 2 IAC Ports. You could name them as you wish. If you leave only one IAC port, Ableton will see only one IAC output port.
3. Open Ableton, go to MIDI Sync preferences and push ON button on all IAC input and output tracks.
4. Create midi track in your Ableton Set, put on it noatikl_AU.
5. Go into noatikl interface and in "Midi Output" choose one of the INPUT IAC ports, that you've created in "Audio-Midi Setup". In "Midi Input" choose "Sequencer Midi pipeline".
5. Go back to Ableton and push off track activator button on noatikl_AU channel, because noatikl_AU will always play with its own sounds.
6. Create midi track, put some another vsti on it with the sound you with. In "Midi from" choose one INPUT IAC port thay you've assigned in noatikl interface in "Midi Output". And choose midi channel of instrument you with to be that channel.
7. Thats it, now your second midi track should receive midi signals from noatikl_AU but play with the sound of your own vst. And sound from noatikl_AU shoudn't play.

For guys from Intermorphic:
1. Products functionality is awesome! Thank you! :D
2. Products interface is awful. It could be much more user-friendly. :evil:
3. Product is really buggy, you need more testing with different OS versions and sequencers. :evil:
3. Products documentation is awful. It is not clear, no screenshots, very inconsistently. :evil:
4. Product tutorial videos also all about past times and versions and aren't clear in steps. :evil:

Generative music is a future, don't leave this project, do more marketing and find some more ways of using this product, search for new customers!

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby imtim » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi, thanks for the comments and for helping with info wrt Ableton...

These days with everything changing so fast (hardware, OS, platforms etc) even just to stand still takes a lot of effort. :( We therefore choose to spend our time on app development and bug fixing rather than making videos, but we do understand the feedback. If anyone wants to make videos we will happily link to them!

NB: If you are encountering bugs, please do submit those either through the forum or via our contact form - if we don't know of it we can't fix it.

P.S. Yes, we know our our docs could be better but we continue to chip away at those! If there is anything specific you get stuck on, please let us know so we can try to improve it, or, ask in the forum.

Thanks for the feedback!

atb
tim

Return to “Bug Reports”