Bug report

Tell us what doesn't work as it should
Furnature
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Bug report

Postby Furnature » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi, I installed Noatikl last week, and I have to say, it's the most fascinating, interesting, brilliant music software I've ever come across. However, it's also the most buggy iOS app I've ever used. A lot of the time the app would just die, without being able to really identify a sequence of events that would trigger it. One bug; deleting a voice that was being followed while the app was playing seems to have been fixed in the update a few days ago. The new file selection page has a reproducible bug though:

On the file selection page, select 'Create new' and then scroll down through the templates on the left hand side. When it reaches the bottom, the app crashes. This is on an iPhone 6s with iOS 9.3.1.
However on an iPad 2 mini, also iOS 9.3.1 the bug isn't reproducible.

An option to save a patch while working on it would also be useful, at the moment I have to click the file selection button and then I'm prompted to save, but then I have to reopen the project to continue.

Many thanks

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Bug report

Postby impete » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:51 am

Hi!

Many thanks for getting in touch.

We receive automatic crash reports from the app, and we've had a few come through - something that always happens with a major new release, I'm afraid - Noatikl is a very complicated piece of software - and I should know, as I wrote it :)

I received the first batch of crash reports from the Noatikl update this morning. Unfortunately, the crash reports don't have any useful data in them (this happens sometimes with crashes, unfortunately).

In such cases, a report from kind users like yourself, giving a clue or two as to how to reproduce a crash or other issue, is incredibly helpful, so thank you - we'll investigate that for you.

The idea of a "save and continue" option is a good one - we'll need to think about that.

If you have any ideas on how to cause specific crashes, do please let us know!

Best wishes,

Pete

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:00 pm

Furnature wrote:On the file selection page, select 'Create new' and then scroll down through the templates on the left hand side. When it reaches the bottom, the app crashes. This is on an iPhone 6s with iOS 9.3.1.
However on an iPad 2 mini, also iOS 9.3.1 the bug isn't reproducible

Hi

We cannot seem to reproduce this here and we have tested on iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and various other devices with our Simulator (including iPhone 6s simulator). Is there any way you could try to do this a few more times so we get some more crash logs? Maybe they might help is figure it out. Also, could you please be very specific as to steps taken; maybe that will help too.

If you wish to, please also send screen grabs of where you are at just before the crash as that might help, too. See our support form for that one: http://intermorphic.com/help/index.php#contactform

Thanks for your help in tracking this one down. If there are any other bugs/crashers you find, please do let us know as we DO want to fix them.

Best wishes,

tim

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:03 pm

Hi Furnature!

We've finally been able to track-down the crash, and have prepared a fix which should be "live" in a few days!

Best wishes,

Pete

Return to “Bug Reports”