Latest Installers for Noatikl/Mixtikl Plugins Don't Work

Tell us what doesn't work as it should
Musical Gym
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Latest Installers for Noatikl/Mixtikl Plugins Don't Work

Postby Musical Gym » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:45 am

I ran the plugin installers on Win 8.1 and dlls don't get installed.
All that gets installed are the unins000.dat and unins000.exe files.
Norton did not block the dlls as far as I can tell and they aren't in quarantine.
Any ideas?
Edit: I was able to restore the older versions from the Recycle Bin. I gave them both a Trusted rating since Norton still saw them as Unproven.
Looks like I'll still be able to use the old versions until I can get the new ones to install.
They don't show up in recent history or in resolved security risks in Norton; they just vanish at the end of the install; I can see the dll filenames during install via the installer.

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Latest Installers for Noatikl/Mixtikl Plugins Don't Work

Postby imtim » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:57 am

Hi

We have updated the Vst Plugin install instructions to reflect that the plugins are always installed to "c:\Program Files\VstPlugIns" no matter what the "install to" path shows in the installer (and that is just for the uninstall mechanism).

See:
Noatikl: http://intermorphic.com/noatikl/guide/#trial30day-win
Mixtikl: http://intermorphic.com/mixtikl/guide/#trial30day-win

Hope that helps!

tim

Musical Gym
Bronze

Postby Musical Gym » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:19 am

Thanks Tim. It's confusing, but at least I know the reason and can work with it.
I don't understand why the installer can't be updated/improved/modified, if that is the case.

jptrudel
Bronze

Postby jptrudel » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Hi,

After the installation, Is it possible to move the dll from "c:\Program Files\VstPlugIns" to a preferred location ?
Any issues doing this ?

Thks

Musical Gym
Bronze

Postby Musical Gym » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:54 pm

Why not just try it?

Cut the dlls from default location and paste to new location. Rescan and see what happens.

I doubt that it will make a difference. You'll just need to remember in case they don't revise the installer for future updates.

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby imtim » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:23 pm

jptrudel wrote:After the installation, Is it possible to move the dll from "c:\Program Files\VstPlugIns" to a preferred location ?
Any issues doing this ?

Yes, you can move them, but future Noatikl upgrades will then lead to two different versions in different folders on the system i.e. the new ones installed to the above folder and the older ones in the folder you have moved them to. This could lead to confusion so we really wouldn’t recommend it.

It is therefore better if you can configure your DAW to look in that folder - which is the recommended folder (historically) in which to put VSTs.

Best wishes

Tim

Return to “Bug Reports”