imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Noatikl 2.0.4.1

Postby imtim » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:34 am

Noatikl 2.0.4.1 is now available.

This is a bug fix release:
• Fixed: - crash when resizing under Windows XP
• Improved: - standalone desktop versions now run at 44 kHz (was 22 kHz) on desktop
• Improved: - volume envelope attack stage changed to exponential (was linear)
• Several other bug fixes

Available now:
Noatikl 2.0.4.1 Desktop Audio Plugins (Win/Mac) here: http://intermorphic.com/download/index.html#noatikl
Noatikl 2.0.4.1 Desktop Standalone (Win only) here: http://intermorphic.com/download/index.html#noatikl
Noatikl 2.0.4.1 Desktop Standalone (Mac only) here from the Mac App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/app/noatikl-gen ... 3273?mt=12

eenixon
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Re: Noatikl 2.0.4.1

Postby eenixon » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:40 pm

This morning -- June 30 -- the Apple App Store notified me there was an update to Noatikl. I was relieved because I was told the latest would resolve some issues I was having with my current work never starting (in MIDI only) mode.

I'm disconcerted, not to say disappointed and somewhat frustrated, to discover that what has been installed on my machine is version 2.0.2.2! Dated June 26! Not 2.0.4.1. which I assume is still the latest and most reliable version of the product.

If you cast your eyes over this particular topic set, you'll see that there is no such release as 2.0.2.2 listed on the forum -- which I assume is official gospel as far as versions, etc. are concerned.

I have to say that this reliance on Apple to provide timely service to Intermorphic customers is a complete bust as far as I'm concerned. What can be done to resolve this problem? If you are releasing too many, minor, bug-fix updates for Apple to keep up with (or care about) in a timely fashion, perhaps your arrangement with Apple -- if indeed it _must_ persist -- can be amended to include only "major" or "periodic" releases, while Intermorphic itself provide the cherry picking updates that, in my case, hopefully resolve issues of some urgency.

...edN

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:58 pm

Hi!

Many thanks for your feedback.

Yes, believe it or not we had to wait 4 weeks for a review (!). Incredible really - and incredibly frustrating!

Furthermore, if a developer chooses to interrupt a review cycle to change software again, that product is bumped right back to the start of the queue; so in general, once a product release has been submitted for review, developers need to wait for that review to complete (and hopefully be passed) before submitting another one.

We have a couple of choices:
1) fix problems, but then wait to release until the software is reviewed for *all* platforms; and only then make live.
2) fix problems, release as soon as we can for each platform .. the time of release for each platform, depends on how long the vendor takes to review.

In the first case, it'd be clearer for everybody ... but it would mean that *all users* would have to wait - irrespective of their version - for one specific version to be approved by Apple (or Amazon, or...). That means that we'd be artificially delaying releasing fixes and features to users on some platforms, which doesn't sound right.

In the second case, it is not as clear, but it means that we get fixes and updates out as fast as possible to as many of our users as possible.

So, that is why we're following choice (2) for now... it isn't ideal, but it is probably our best option.

Note also that we're not just dependent on Apple to review - we also ship via Amazon, and hopefully will ship products through Microsoft's Windows 8 store at some point. Each of these have their own times to review...

Incidentally, Noatikl 2.0.4.1 was submitted for review by Apple, back on 26th June. Hopefully they'll be quicker this time!!

Best wishes,

Pete

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:05 pm

At last, now available from the Mac App Store:
Noatikl 2.0.4.1 Desktop Standalone (Mac only) here from the Mac App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/app/noatikl-gen ... 3273?mt=12

atb

tim

eenixon
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Postby eenixon » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:15 pm

Thanks, Tim. ...edN

Return to “Releases”