Noatikl 2 Mobile for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch

Latest release and release history, with changes
imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Noatikl 2 Mobile for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch

Postby imtim » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:17 pm

Noatikl 2.2.32 is now available. It is our release of Noatikl 2 Mobile for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch! Woo hoo!

You can get it for free, and we hope you like it enough to get the IAP and then go on to leave a nice review or rating. :)

We have been working on this for a long time, and so have tested it pretty carefully. It is always possible with a brand new platform release that there may be some small niggles and we have missed something (Noatikl is deep). At the moment we are only aware of one significant issue (there seem to be some issues with Core MIDI on iPad 1), and we are working on a fix.....

This is a major release:
- iOS: Noatikl 2

Full details can be found on the Noatikl webpage (http://intermorphic.com/noatikl/index.html) and also in the Noatikl 2 User Guide which contains a big section on Noatikl 2 Mobile (http://intermorphic.com/noatikl/userguide/index.html).

We hope to be releasing some short videos over the next couple of days. In the interim, try out the two demo pieces included (these are pieces in Tiklbox that we have opened the Kimono on) and play around. We will let you know when the videos are there to check out....

♥ We hope you love our regular Noatikl updates and we thank you for your fantastic reviews and support! We listen and respond!

Available now (if it is not yet there, it is just being "processed" and should be soon):
------------
Noatikl 2.2.32 for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch at the App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/app/id469613273

Nickl
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Re: Noatikl 2 Mobile for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch

Postby Nickl » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi - I'm just exploring the new IOS Noatikl and am liking what I see! One quick question - am I limited to using the preset patterns? If not, how do I edit patterns, please? I haven't found a way to access the keyboard to edit patterns yet.

Thanks

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:26 am

Hi!

Thanks for getting in touch.

Editing patterns is something of a tough thing to do at the moment - you need to edit pattern strings by hand, following a particular syntax, which you'll find documented in the Noatikl User Guide. See here:

http://www.intermorphic.com/noatikl/use ... xedpattern

Clearly, this is something we'll look to improve in future versions of our software!

Hoping you get a lot of fun out of using Noatikl for iOS,

Best wishes,

Pete

Nickl
Bronze

Postby Nickl » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Thanks for the response but I'm afraid that you missed the point I was making. I know how to edit patterns (syntax etc.) - the problem is that Noatikl won't allow me to edit the patterns. If I open up the pattern editor, all it allows me to do is to add a preset; I can't find a way to get the keyboard up on the screen in order to enter my own patterns. Without access to the keyboard, I can't enter the pattern data. So far, the keyboard has been accessible on other screens to allow me to enter data; it is only the pattern editor where it appears not to work

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:53 pm

Hi!

Ah, right - many thanks for explaining.

I have just double-checked, and what you need to do is:
1) Select the Voices tab
2) Select the Patterns group
3) Touch the patterns item in Patterns parameter group
4) This shows the "Edit Pattern" screen
5) Touch the sub-pattern in the list, that you want to edit; this shows that sub-pattern in the Edit Text controller at the top of the screen; the keyboard should auto-display at the bottom; edit the pattern, and press the "return" key to apply the change.
6) Press the "< Voices" button in top left, to return to the previous screen.

I've just verified this behaviour works as expected on both iPad 2 and iPhone 5.

If you have any problems at all with this, can you please let me know ASAP:
- what device you're using (e.g. iPad 1/2, iPhone, iPod etc.)
- which version of iOS you're using?

Rest assured that if you've found a problem, we'll do our best to roll-out a fix ASAP! :)

Best wishes,

Pete

Nickl
Bronze

Postby Nickl » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:47 pm

Hi Pete,

I have been following the steps you describe but I don't get the keyboard on my iPad3. I've just tested it on my iPod and the process works correctly as you describe - so it's either a problem specific to my iPad or to iPad 3 generally.

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:58 pm

Hi!

OK, thanks for the feedback. That is *very* strange.

Hold-on; I think I have it. Are you doing this in LANDSCAPE mode? If so, try again in PORTRAIT mode : does it now work?

Alternatively, as a workaround, if you were to edit the patterns in a separate "notepad" app on your iPad, can you paste them back into the Edit box (tap + hold the Edit box, and select the "Paste" item from the pop-up menu)?

Best wishes,

Pete

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:13 pm

Hi again!

I've fixed the bug that caused this problem - it will be in the next release.

Many thanks for having let us know about it!

Best wishes,

Pete

Nickl
Bronze

Postby Nickl » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:10 pm

Hi Pete - yes it works in portrait. Thanks.

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:16 pm

Great - thanks for letting me know.

We'll be submitting a bug-fix update to Apple in a few days; and as noted, this bug-fix will be in that update!

Best wishes,

Pete

Return to “Releases”