Off topic - 3 new songs from Tim Cole

Important notices, general tips & info
imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Off topic - 3 new songs from Tim Cole

Postby imtim » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:21 pm

See: http://colartz.com/songs.html

Well, as I now 3 new songs on line, I thought why not post the link here (call it a perk of running the Intermorphic forum) :).

Sure, they may not be great, but I like them. They are not generative, either, although I did use Liptikl to help with the lyrics on "You Are My Stardust". They are, however, made with 100% genuine real acoustic instruments and not digital loops :) (except for the one with drums natch).

You will need to hear past my singing, but I thank Celemony/Melodyne for making it almost bearable in places.

I don't have much of a space to record them, so there is also a bit of background noise, and I am not very good at production either.....

That said, they are all different (from bouncy [like The Hoosiers] to reflective), and I can feel I am improving my understanding of songwriting every year (OK, I know I still have a ways to go yet!).

Why do I do them? Goodness only knows....

Loopy C
Platinum

Re: Off topic - 3 new songs from Tim Cole

Postby Loopy C » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:57 am

Gee, I guess I haven't been keeping my eye out in this section (didn't come up under the 'new posts' function for me?).

Anyway, all that to say NOW I understand where the 'heart and soul' in your software comes from, such a nice vibe to the music (and I still have a lot to listen to), who knew behind the futuristic front doors of Intermorphic lay a redwood porch and rocking chair!

Will check back after some REAL listening :)

imtim
Site Admin

Re: Off topic - 3 new songs from Tim Cole

Postby imtim » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:54 pm

Loopy C wrote:Gee, I guess I haven't been keeping my eye out in this section (didn't come up under the 'new posts' function for me?).

Anyway, all that to say NOW I understand where the 'heart and soul' in your software comes from, such a nice vibe to the music (and I still have a lot to listen to), who knew behind the futuristic front doors of Intermorphic lay a redwood porch and rocking chair!

Will check back after some REAL listening :)

Hi Chris. For some reason I only just saw this myself :). Many thanks for your kind words. Trouble is that these days when I get on a rocking chair I fall asleep :).

Return to “General info”