Generative Music Composer
Zhang
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Newbie help with Windows 7 Reaper and Noatikl

Postby Zhang » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi,

Could somebody give me a walk through of how to route the Noatikl VST so that I can route two voices to separate VSTi's on separate tracks?

I have found this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1330

However I am on a PC running Reaper and therefore Midipipe is not an option. I have downloaded Midi-Ox however it does not come up as an option in the Noatikl VST despite launching it before launching Reaper.

Any Windows 7 Reaper users out there?

Thank you for any help, I am on my first day of the trial of the Noatikl program and looking forwards to finding out what I can create with it :)

Zhang

Zhang
Bronze

Re: Newbie help with Windows 7 Reaper and Noatikl

Postby Zhang » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:14 pm

I needed Midi Yoke rather than Midi Ox....

Windows 7 users need to run this in compatibility mode. This is done by right clicking the MidiYokeSetup.msi icon and going into Properties / Compatibility

Zhang
Bronze

Postby Zhang » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:38 am

The program crashes a lot.

Reaper had never cashed prior to using Noatikl.

About 20 crashes yesterday...

Slowly working out what action are more likely to crash Noatikl and adjusting my work flow to suit her.

I have developed a twitchy save habit.

Getting interesting results surprisingly quickly.....

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby impete » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:29 am

Hi Zhang!

Many thanks for the info!

I've recently started working on the Mixtikl and Noatikl software for Windows and Mac, as we're preparing updates for our desktop products.

So far, I've seen a few issues with the latest Reaper versions on Mac - no such problems, yet, on Windows.
It feels as though Reaper on Mac is less stable at the moment than it has been.

If you have any ways you can find to crash Noatikl VSTi under Reaper, can you please let me know?
I'll then try to fix the problem(s) if at all possible.

Best wishes,

Pete

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:32 am

Hi again!

You might also want to try-out the Noatikl standalone version, as an alternative.

VSTi hosts can have pretty unpredictable behaviour - the Standalone version of Noatikl isolates you from that, and is one reason why we offer so many desktop versions of Noatikl (as everybody has a different configuration, we need to be able to offer an option that suits individual needs...)

You can have Noatikl respond to Transport Control commands from your DAW (Reaper, in your case), and have Noatikl standalone route MIDI data via MIDI Ox.

Hoping this suggestion helps!

Best wishes,

Pete

Zhang
Bronze

Postby Zhang » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:26 pm

impete wrote:If you have any ways you can find to crash Noatikl VSTi under Reaper, can you please let me know?
I'll then try to fix the problem(s) if at all possible.

My current session is running an FM8 bass drone and two instances of Kontakt loaded with Novachord sample patches. So there's not a lot going on and it's now crashing about 5 times an hour. I'm being careful not to adjust anything on the fly. The program definitely prefers to be used very slowly with breathers before making adjustments, My PC is a sensible machine built by Carillon Audio. That said, I'm really getting great results sonically and I'm excited by the possibilities.

Noatikl.exe was not installed with the 32 bit demo download. Only the vst was installed. Should the standalone version have been installed?

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:49 pm

Hi Zhang,

I've tested the installs for the new Noatikl updates that we've just released today.

Provided you install the 32-bit version on a 32-bit version of Windows, Noatikl 32-bit will be installed, including the 32-bit standalone version.
Provided you install the 64-bit version on a 64-bit version of Windows, Noatikl 64-bit will be installed, including the 64-bit standalone version.

Any other combination is not recommended, and I can't guarantee the software you want would install properly! :)

Best wishes,

Pete

Zhang
Bronze

Postby Zhang » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:23 pm

Ah I see - thank you for the clarification. I am going to see if I can move to Reaper 64 bit so I can use Noatikl externally.

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:27 am

Cool! The Windows version of Reaper (which you'll use) always seems very stable.

Best wishes,

Pete

Zhang
Bronze

Postby Zhang » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:35 pm

I'm now on Reaper 64 and have Noatikl 64 installed as an external program. I also have MidiOx installed.

Is there a walk through to get this working?

Thanks again

Return to “Noatikl”