how to generate from existing midi notes ?

Generative Music Composer
nomadetech
Bronze
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:18 pm
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

how to generate from existing midi notes ?

Postby nomadetech » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:46 pm

Hello all,
I've tried unsuccessfully to generate other tracks based on an existing midi track
Does anyone know how to achieve this ?

Thanks a lot, Pierre

imtim
Site Admin
Posts: 999
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:53 pm
antispam_b: 2
Contact:

Re: how to generate from existing midi notes

Postby imtim » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:32 pm

Hi Pierre,

Not quite sure what you are asking.

If you want to copy a Noatikl Voice (i.e. a generator track), then in Noatikl Desktop select the Voice and Edit > Copy, then Edit > Paste; in Noatikl Mobile tap a Voice in Design View and select Copy from the pop-up control, then tap any Voice and select Paste from the pop-up control (you will need to select the right arrow to see the Paste option).

If you are asking if you can import MIDI file data, then the answer is not at present (and that is not implying we have any plan to allow that, either!).

Hoping that helps,

tim

nomadetech
Bronze
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:18 pm
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Re: how to generate from existing midi notes

Postby nomadetech » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:03 pm

imtim wrote:Hi Pierre,

Not quite sure what you are asking.

If you want to copy a Noatikl Voice (i.e. a generator track), then in Noatikl Desktop select the Voice and Edit > Copy, then Edit > Paste; in Noatikl Mobile tap a Voice in Design View and select Copy from the pop-up control, then tap any Voice and select Paste from the pop-up control (you will need to select the right arrow to see the Paste option).

If you are asking if you can import MIDI file data, then the answer is not at present (and that is not implying we have any plan to allow that, either!).

Hoping that helps,

tim


Tim,
I'm not clear..
I mean can Noatikl generate random music based on live playing on a track.

imtim
Site Admin
Posts: 999
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:53 pm
antispam_b: 2
Contact:

Re: how to generate from existing midi notes

Postby imtim » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:47 am

nomadetech wrote:
imtim wrote:Hi Pierre,
I'm not clear..
I mean can Noatikl generate random music based on live playing on a track.


OK, I think you are asking if it can compose against incoming MIDI events. The answer is yes (on Noatikl Desktop), and that is by configuring as a hyperinstrument (which involves a simple Lua Script) and setting a Voice to be a "Listening Voice".

See here:
Listening Voice: http://intermorphic.com/engine/nme/guide/#voice-types
Scripting: http://intermorphic.com/engine/nme/guide/#scripting
Hyperinstrument: http://intermorphic.com/engine/nme/guid ... instrument

Hope that gives you some pointers to help you get going,

tim

nomadetech
Bronze
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:18 pm
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Re: how to generate from existing midi notes

Postby nomadetech » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:24 pm

imtim wrote:
nomadetech wrote:
imtim wrote:Hi Pierre,
I'm not clear..
I mean can Noatikl generate random music based on live playing on a track.


OK, I think you are asking if it can compose against incoming MIDI events. The answer is yes (on Noatikl Desktop), and that is by configuring as a hyperinstrument (which involves a simple Lua Script) and setting a Voice to be a "Listening Voice".

See here:
Listening Voice: http://intermorphic.com/engine/nme/guide/#voice-types
Scripting: http://intermorphic.com/engine/nme/guide/#scripting
Hyperinstrument: http://intermorphic.com/engine/nme/guid ... instrument

Hope that gives you some pointers to help you get going,

tim


Thanks a lot Tim !


Return to “Noatikl”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest