Noatikl for ios 3.1.5 changed behaviour

Generative Music Composer
animal
Silver
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Noatikl for ios 3.1.5 changed behaviour

Postby animal » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:46 am

Hi, thanks for the latest updates. Since this version, though, Noatikl doesn't open with the latest song anymore. This means, to use it with IAA on the iPad, I always have to open up Noatikl first, and choose a song (to be recognized by the IAA-host), and that's a lot of clicking around... . The former Noatikl also let me choose a new song without interrupting audio, now there seems to be no way (to save, for example), without audio stopping. Is there a way to get around this, that I didn't find, or if not, could you, please, reinvent the former behaviour? It was much much easier on my workflow... . As always, though: thank you for this great instrument, and all the work you put into it, it's very much appreciated (review on its way...), cheers, t

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Noatikl for ios 3.1.5 changed behaviour

Postby impete » Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:47 am

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Yes, I see your point about not opening the document automatically at start. We've modelled our document support on the way that Apple do things in their cloud-based user-interfaces; so when the app starts, the user sees the list of documents and selects the one they want to work with (that seems to be the "Apple Way"). I guess we could consider adding a user preference to automatically open-up the most recently used document?

We've been considering looking to see if we can add another option somewhere to "Save and Continue". I've not figured-out exactly how to fix that in to the UI, as there are various complications around it. Nothing is ever easy - we do try hard to consider all the implications :)

I hope that, on balance, you like our iCloud support changes. As you've probably noticed, we're continuing to improve them (e.g. the changes in 3.1.5, to show an enhanced thumbnail, and to give an option to change sort order etc.).

Best wishes,

Pete

animal
Silver

Postby animal » Wed May 04, 2016 5:56 am

Dear Pete,
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I do appreciate the iCloud stuff. It's also possible to get around my issues, and I am happy with Noatikl as is, it just was including less" clicks" before... . Thank you for your continued efforts into this Beauty, I am a fan! Keep it up, greetings, tobias

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Wed May 04, 2016 7:17 am

Hi Tobias,

Hopefully you'll have spotted that we've added a "Save and Continue" option to the latest release, which we hope will help with your workflow in Noatikl! :)

Best wishes,

Pete

animal
Silver

Postby animal » Sun May 29, 2016 6:38 am

Yes, thank you, this makes sense. I also noticed, I can't reach settings anymore, without stopping the playhead. It used to be possible to cahnge settings during play... . Any important reason for that? Cheers, t

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Sun May 29, 2016 8:12 am

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm pleased to be able to tell you that build which fixes this problem for you, is already in the Apple Store review queue, so hopefully should go live in a few days! :)

Best wishes,

Pete

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:18 am

Just FYI, Noatikl 3.1.12 went live a day or so ago! atb, tim

animal
Silver

Postby animal » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:39 pm

Yes, I noticed!, thank you, gentlemen, you're doing great work here, appreciated!

Return to “Noatikl”