Noatikl VST installation issue (Win10 64)

Generative Music Composer
jptrudel
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Noatikl VST installation issue (Win10 64)

Postby jptrudel » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:44 am

Hi,

I am a newbie in the Noatikl world.

I installed the desktop stand alone version (3.1.12) and entered the license key. Everything works fine.

I then proceed to install the VSTi plug in.
The installation script is running without any error message.
In the destination folder created by the script, I can find two files unins000.dat and unins000.
No sign of the noatikl_VSTi.dll

I did the install with administrative privileges. I tried to install it to a different location with the same result.

So I need some help,

Thanks

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Noatikl VST installation issue (Win10 64)

Postby imtim » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:49 am

Hi

When you run the downloaded Windows VST Plugin installer, it installs the plugin to c:\Program Files\VstPlugIns (see: http://intermorphic.com/noatikl/guide/#trial30day-win)

Are you saying that it is not installing to there for you?

Best wishes!

Tim

jptrudel
Bronze

Postby jptrudel » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:32 pm

Thanks for The follow up.

I am not in front of the computer at the moment.
Why is the installer asking for a location to install the plug-in ???
I read the doc and I have not seen this information.

If I find the plugin in this location, can I just move it to my main VST folder ?

Jp

jptrudel
Bronze

Postby jptrudel » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:31 pm

Hello Tim,

plugin Not found in the c:\Program Files\VstPlugIns.

I want to confirm that the path requested by the installer has been created accordingly but only the two unins files are there.
The installer added a noatikl folder to my suggested location.

Are you sure the latest installer is properly working ?

regards,

jp

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:01 pm

Hi jp,

The installation folder is used as the place to install the uninstall program.

We used to install other files in that folder too, in earlier versions of the installer. Things are much simpler now!

The only thing I can think of is that, maybe, you have got Windows installed to e.g. your D drive, rather than your C drive. Some Windows computers come pre-configured with drives set-up in this way. In which case, you'd find the Noatikl DLL file in the corresponding folder in that drive.

Best wishes,

Pete

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:34 pm

Hi again

One other thought. When you are installing the plugin it sounds like you might be changing the directory. If you were to try installing and just accepting the default (i.e. recommended) directory shown which is "c:\Program Files\intermorphic\noatikl", then, even if counter-intuitive, I think you will find it is installed to "c:\Program Files\VstPlugIns"

NB: I have tried that myself to double check that the installer was OK and it seems to be fine.

Hope that helps,

atb

tim

jptrudel
Bronze

Postby jptrudel » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:49 pm

Hi Tim,

Running uninstall and running the installer again and the dll appers in the C:/Program Files/VSTplugins.
Added the directory for Sonar to scan and it's now properly showing in the DAW.

Sonar always run as administrator on my system. I installed the License Key a first time. when I started a new sesion the Key did not stick. I enetered the key again and this time it seems OK.

I don't know if I should open another thread for my current issue.
I loaded noatikl in Sonar in the fx bin as recommended.
I loaded the Cosmic Demo and saved the Sonar project.
When reopening the project Sonar is loading the Noatikl plugin in the start-up sequence but then crash.
Not able to reopen the project.

Are the demo built to run in the plugin version ? I can hear the sound coming from the Noatikl sound engine, so I would say yes but why a crash when reloading the project. Is the internal sound engine supported in the plugin version ?

I tried creating a project using a simple template instead of the Cosmic Demo. Saved the Notikl project. Saved the Sonar project
Reloaded the Sonar project. Sonar crash. Bad karma.

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:55 pm

Hi JP

So, we have established the VST plugin is now installed and the Product Key is has been saved and accepted.

And, it seems you can load one of the demo files, e.g. Cosmic, and that will play fine (as it should).

However, my understanding from what you have written is that if you save the Sonar project and then re-open it, you are now getting a crash in Sonar?

Very odd. It could of course be that the crash is somehow related to Sonar and not to Noatikl.

Could you please try something? Would you be able to try the VST plugin in Reaper 64bit for Windows 10 and let us know if that works OK for you? See http://www.reaper.fm

We test in Reaper and I can confirm that the Noatikl VST plugin it works fine for me in that. So, knowing how you get on will help narrow down where the issue might lie.

That said, sorry for your ongoing issues.

Atb, Tim

jptrudel
Bronze

Postby jptrudel » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:18 am

I installed Reaper and ran a test. all is fine. I could recall the project properly.
But major issue in Sonar has I am not able to save and recall a project with Noatikl inside.

My workaround is to save the Noatikl project. delerte the track. Save the Sonar project.
reload the Sonar project. Insert Noatikl. reload the Noatikl project.

I also been recording the output of Noatikl by redirecting patch point in Sonar. That way once I record the Noatikl track, I can get rid of the plugin and work with the frozen recorded track. But then all possibilities to interact and edit are gone. Sad but that's the most reliable way to get work done at the moment.

I will report the situation at Cakewalk tomorrow. But it's been a long time since my last solid crash in Sonar. So I don't think the problem is only on their side.

Do you have other customer using Sonar has their main DAW ?
Could you do the same as I did with Reaper and install the demo version of Sonar to validate the issue ?
I am running Sonar Platinum 2016.5 x64

I plan to install Noatikl on my laptop tomorrow and test it in ableton live. Mainly a live configuration.

Thanks for the follow up

jp

jptrudel
Bronze

Postby jptrudel » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:42 pm

Hi,

My latest post is not showing in the forum. It was psosted today around noon eastern Time.

I was reporting that a new install under Windows 7 gets the samebehavior.
Sonar will crash when opening a project using Noatikl VSTi.

I also get the same problem in Ableton Live 9. Project will not open and Live is crashing.

In my previous post I was asking if I should move this thread to the bug forum.

Thank you for following up.

jp

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:00 pm

jptrudel wrote:My latest post is not showing in the forum. It was psosted today around noon eastern Time.

Hi jp, that is odd, and we certainly did not delete it!

jptrudel wrote:I was reporting that a new install under Windows 7 gets the samebehavior.
Sonar will crash when opening a project using Noatikl VSTi.

I think there are 2 issues here. One is the Windows 10 / Sonar issue reported earlier which you had reported a work around to. As Reaper worked fine, we suspect the issue is in Sonar.

The other is what you report above wrt Windows 7, but I am afraid that when it comes to Noatikl 3 we can really only look at Windows 10 issues and as we only build Noatikl 3 for that. We no longer support, build for or test Noatikl on Windows 7 (for a number of reasons including time and tools), so even if we were able to replicate the issue we would not be able to fix it. :(

Noatikl 2 was the last version we built for Windows 7, so if you need to use a Windows 7 machine, then maybe that is the route to go until you can move to Windows 10? If it helps, you can download a trial of the last Noatikl 2 Desktop Standalone and Plugin versions (V2.8.8 ) from the links here:
http://intermorphic.com/noatikl/#archive

jptrudel wrote:I also get the same problem in Ableton Live 9. Project will not open and Live is crashing.

Again, I take it you are referring to a Windows 7 installation so the above applies, too...

jptrudel wrote:In my previous post I was asking if I should move this thread to the bug forum.
jp

Yes please, if you could post bugs to the bugs to the bug forum.

Return to “Noatikl”