Wotja Subscriptions

Generative Music Composer
animal
Silver
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Re: Wotja Subscriptions

Postby animal » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:27 pm

... I must say, though, I am a little irritated by you changing my thread-title all the time. I know it sounds nicer like this, but you really shouldn't do that, it leaves a bad impression, when you decide, how and what things should be named like.
--just a thought, really 8)

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby impete » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:11 am

HI Animal,

That must have been Tim doing a forum tidy-up :)

Sometimes we do rename threads - most usually to fix product name spelling (to avoid general confusion - our fault for using unusual names!), and (as on this occasion) to make them easier to find by context by other visitors to the forum.

Hoping that makes sense :)

Best wishes,

Pete

nick
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Postby nick » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:57 pm

Just to follow up on what Apple actually does with early subscribers, it looks as if they charged the £14.49 initial rate and then lower it to the £9.49 rate on auto-renew, with no refund on the original payment (nor would I have wanted one). From going through my various magazine subs for comparison, it seems as though they stick with original subscription rates if they're subsequently raised, but lower them if they're subsequently lowered, which seems quite a nice win/win for user (and developer/content provider), because it secures longer-term subscribers by locking them into a favourable grandfathering deal.

I have one question I'd like to be able to answer in advising potential subscription purchasers: if you buy an Essentials subscription, and then upgrade to Pro, does Apple charge you the difference or the full whack? The former seems almost too good to be true, though I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:46 am

Hi Nick

OK, thanks for that clarification wrt the price reduction and how Apple apply it. From reading their docs I thought a refund was actually applied but I can understand the logic that what happens instead is that the next renewal subs is automatically reduced; I will re-read again just to double check :).

EDIT: Confirmation that it does seem the the reduced price applies at the next renewal period, so you are right.

Wrt grandfathering it is not something we have looked at as it is such early days for us with this new model, so I can't really comment either way. I think Apple do allow it to be done, but it is down to the developer. We shall have to see what we are able to do as things settle down.

When moving from Essentials to Pro I am pretty certain what happen is that the Pro subscription starts right away and that the pro-rata balance of what is left on the former gets applied to a new 6 month subs for the latter. i.e. the customer does not lose out. I will check into this again tomorrow

EDIT: Confirmation that the wording we see when attempting to change subscription level from e.g. ESSENTIALS to PRO is "Do you want to upgrade to PRO for 6-month at $X.XX? Your upgrade will start now. You will receive a refund for the remaining time of your 6-month ESSENTIALS subscription." Hope that helps!

Thanks for the questions,

atb

tim

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi Folks,

If you've had a chance to figure-out Wotja, it'd be most appreciated if you would consider leaving a review on the iTunes store!

Considered reviews from people who have used the app, and figured-out what works and what doesn't, are incredibly useful to prospective users.

With best wishes,

Pete

Return to “Noatikl”