NOOB Question - Bluetooth headphones?

Generative Music Composer
complete
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

NOOB Question - Bluetooth headphones?

Postby complete » Mon May 01, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm just starting with this program and am having issues getting it to work with my Beats bluetooth headphones. The headphones are paired and I can hear music from other programs... however the sound from Noatikl is routed through my computer speakers.

I've been fussing with it and find what the issue is. Is playing the generated sounds through bluetooth headphones possible?

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: NOOB Question - Bluetooth headphones?

Postby imtim » Tue May 02, 2017 10:58 am

Hi

I am not clear what version of Noatikl you are using? Is it iOS or Mac or Windows version? What version number?

iOS: I have checked on NT 3.3.6 for iOS and I hear it fine in my paired Bluetooth headphones. There is no special setting so it should just work!

macOS: On Mac only Airplay out is supported, but this can be used for any Airplay device as far as I know (e.g. Speakers etc). With NT 3.3.7 you have to first close Noatikl, then select your Airplay device from the System Volume control (Opt+Click on the title bar volume control). Then re-open Noatikl and in the Noatikl Menu, select Options > Output Devices > Airplay. Sometimes this does not appear so you might have to try a couple of times. Then just play your piece!

NB: Note that there is a lag when playing via Airplay.

Hope this helps...

complete
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Postby complete » Tue May 02, 2017 11:56 pm

Cheers, I'm using Noatikl for Mac, v 3.3.7, the current build.

I don't have an apple/smart TV and there doesn't seem to be any headphones that connect directly to airplay. (ref: https://www.apple.com/shop/accessories/ ... 7d1%2B3020)

I have googled around to find if theres a hack way to use bluetooth headphones w/ airplay.... I only see one option (https://www.rogueamoeba.com/airfoil/mac/buy.php) for $30.

Is there any free way to use my wireless headphones w/ this app that you/anyone knows about?

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby imtim » Wed May 03, 2017 7:57 pm

Hi again

Rogue Amoeba is probably a good solution and I had forgotten about that possibility and it would be worth trying.

I would have thought that Beats headphones, now being Apple, would have been recognised as an Airplay device (for audio), but I guess not if those do not work for you.

Right now I cannot think of anything else off hand...

Sorry! :(

Return to “Noatikl”