Using liptikl!

Cut-up Text Editor
impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Using liptikl!

Postby impete » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:41 am

How long does it take you to pull-together a good verse with liptikl?

Only takes me a couple of minutes, it feels a little like gardening to me. Put in some interesting source material, generate a couple of times, find some words to lock-down, try a couple more iterations. By then I can usually see where I want to take it, and maybe shove-in some more source words from my own brain or directly edit some of the lyric; and keep going 'til happy.

Far too easy (a couple of minutes). But fun. :)

Pete

Loopy C
Platinum

Postby Loopy C » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:01 am

For me, it is like having that one 'playful' partner I think all of us perhaps have had at least once in our lives, where the 'flow' is created BETWEEN the two poles of personality in a natural and deep (meaning 'under the radar' of the left brain editor) way...I 'dump' a high concept 'pile' in, 'Liptikl' boils down the constituents to a simpler 'broth', and I in return sample and season to 'taste' (trying to keep the 'oral' metaphor somewhat).

It's like Tarot cards or 'Bibliomancy':

Sometimes this term is used in the same way as Stichomancy and Libromancy, which is a form of divination that seeks to know the future by randomly selecting a passage from a book, frequently a sacred text.

...the mind projects the hidden (from self?) subconscious connections/meanings upon the presented rough 'nodes and joints' of discreet, seemingly unconnected objects/concepts (or in a literary sense symbols/signs), finding and telling through it's own pattern detection 'engine' the stories it hides from normal intellectual 'light' (my interpretion, my apologies to those of a more 'magical' belief :wink: )

'Far too easy' = 'natural instincts/pattern creation' = 'flow'?

Loopy C
Platinum

Postby Loopy C » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:08 am

btw, it's Noatikl's fault I havn't put in as much time as I would like with Liptikl yet...still working on making a 28 hour day a reality!

Seriously, looking forward to some play with it soon, didn't want the lack of specific feedback (yet) to give the wrong impression...very excited to start working with text in the overall context of 'Generative Art'. :D

Return to “Liptikl”