Liptikl compared to other software

Cut-up Text Editor
bgronas

Liptikl compared to other software

Postby bgronas » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:57 pm

Comparison

Has anyone seen Liptikl compared to other song-writing software out there, eg.
http://www.masterwriter.com/

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Liptikl compared to other software

Postby impete » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:32 pm

Yes, there are various alternatives that have come and gone. The one you refer to is very expensive of course ... 289 dollars sure isn't cheap, that is a major financial investment. :)

liptikl doesn't aim to replace such a program, and it doesn't replace your favourite word processor either! What we've tried to do with liptikl is to focus entirely on helping the idea generation process, using a generative/gardening approach to help work-around writer's block, and we hope we do a good job in that regard.

And, of course, liptikl is very inexpensive so hopefully is difficult to resist for people interest in using semi-automated ways to generate lyrical ideas. :)

With best wishes, and many thanks for your interest,

Pete

Loopy C
Platinum
antispam_b: 2

Re: Liptikl compared to other software

Postby Loopy C » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:03 am

I actually own 'Masterwriter' and there really is no overlap but certainly great potential to using the two together...liptikl as the raw inspiration for new ideas, Masterwriter for the further 'polish' and development.

I am still quite excited by the possibilities of 'liptikl' as a creative partner, just wanting for more time (and constantly having to balance with my sound explorations). :D

Return to “Liptikl”