About the language ...

Cut-up & Lyric Generator
Ben
Gold
antispam_b: 2

About the language ...

Postby Ben » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:58 am

Just a small question. Is liptikl relying on something like a massive words collection? Would it be possible to use a "words collection" from another language? Would be great to generate lyrics in another language (french in my case).

Ben.

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:37 pm

Hi Ben!

The liptikl lyric engine is not specific to any language, it is driven from language-specific data, which currently is in English only. So in theory, by defining the appropriate data, liptikl could be extended quite easily to work in a range of languages, including French. Our problem is that this would raise bigger resourcing issues of how to maintain the site/documentation/materials/store in any supported languages!

We're interested in principle of finding ways to allow the community to help with localisation of liptikl and noatikl, so lets keep our eyes open to possibilities as we move forwards!

Hoping this info helps, and with best wishes,

Pete
Last edited by impete on Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben
Gold

Postby Ben » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:04 am

This is great news.
I'm more into instrumental only music but I don't mind some lyrics into a vocoder sometimes.

jeffmil

Per the language question....

Postby jeffmil » Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:36 pm

I had been a songwriter for many years, got away from it for a long while, and now am slowly coming back. But now I fit the profile exactly of the writer who finds melodies quite easy and lyrics nearly a showstopper. (Maybe not enough pain/anguish/joy in my life now?) So I am eagerly awaiting the chance to try liptikl. If it helps I will finish about 10 songs in 2 weeks.

Since I am a wannabe Francophile I would also like to write in French but I imagine the syntax is more of a problem than the vocabulary. If you can conquer that I would be happy to beta test and then purchase a French language module! First things first though, I'm eager to try liptikl itself.

As a distant suggestion towards having a French version, there's a French company called Myriad whose music software I use and they seem to be able to plug in nearly every kind of functionality. They've also got French and English versions of their software. At some point it might be interesting to investigate their interest in working together. (I of course have no right to suggest that for either company but what the heck?! http://myriad-online.com/en/index.htm)

Thanks,

- Jeff

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:59 pm

Hi Jeff, well, I hope you find liptikl useful and fun to play with! Not long to wait now. :-)

Return to “Liptikl”