PLEASE KEEP MIXTIKL GOING!!!!!

Generative Music Mixer
lilah
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

PLEASE KEEP MIXTIKL GOING!!!!!

Postby lilah » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:38 am

As the subject says.... Please please please keep Mixtikl going. I read on your home page that you're combining what was mixtikl with Wotja.... but i just want to let you know how important Mixtikl is for me and that it is a god send for my work.

I use mixtkl to create ambient mixes on my mac to use in my meditation sessions. I also create downloadable ambient music tracks for my clients to listen/relax to. Mixtkl is my 'digital instrument' for ambient music...I create ambient clips using mixtkl and then arrange them into an ambient music track in GarageBand...

I wanted to put this here, to let you know that there are some pple out there that REALLY REALLY benefit from mixtkl, the simplicity, the wonderful ambient music it produces. Since Wotja isn't available on mac os, I tried Wotja on my ipad, and compared to Mixtkl, I found it a little bit confusing.

Please please please keep Mixtkl going....Keep updating it, keep improving it. and i will keep buying and using it!

thank you :)

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: PLEASE KEEP MIXTIKL GOING!!!!!

Postby imtim » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:33 am

Hi lilah

Thanks for your post and for your kind words. It is also ALWAYS good to hear from users who actively use our apps; you may be surprised to know that we don't often get to hear that. All we can say is that vocal support (e.g. things like forum posts, reviews, link backs, telling others, sharing content etc.) is always good, as it helps other potential customers find our apps. Being in such a niche tool market, that can mean the difference between app life or death.

As you may know, mid last year we started work to consolidate all our apps into just one, Wotja. Our plan for this app is that is becomes an authoring tool that is as powerful and capable as Noatikl, Mixtikl, Liptikl and Tiklbox, and then much, much more.

There were a lot of reasons for this decision (see here: https://intermorphic.com/help/#faq-why-wotja), and it was the only way we could find to have a chance to continue to move forward with our engines. Since we first released Mixtikl a lot has changed in both software platforms and development approaches meaning that Mixtikl, as an app, had become impossible to move forward with.

Although we started with Wotja for iOS we do have solid plans for Wotja for Desktop. We expect this to be as powerful as Wotja for iOS, and, when released (we hope this to be sometime in the first half of 2018 - it could be any time in that), it will be the next stage of evolution for both Noatikl and Mixtikl for desktop.

We can and will look to improve Wotja as we move forward. If there are particular things about Mixtikl that you liked, then please let us know. You may be pleased to know that many things are already easier to do in Wotja, once you know how. At the end of the day, we want Wotja to be better, more powerful, easier to use, easier to maintain and easier to extend than Mixtikl or Noatikl. We simply cannot go back to Mixtikl, however, and Wotja is the only route forward for us! The analogy is that sometimes things are only really appreciated once they are gone - and having had to take the decisions we have, we really don't want that to happen for Wotja.

Coming right back to the beginning, in order for Wotja in turn to survive and grow then, even more than ever, we need the vocal support of our customers. From what you have said about how you use our apps I hope we can count on you for that for its future incarnation - Wotja.

Best wishes

Tim

lilah
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Postby lilah » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:44 pm

Thank you very very much for your response. I know I sounded a bit emotional yesterday, but this program's done a lot for me in a short amount of time.

I can give you a quick example of how I use Mixtkl....so you can incorporate understand how valuable this software can be...not just for me, but for others who need to create ambient/chill/soundscape music for their work.

I create a Mixtkl for my meditations and mind-body sessions (for clients as well as for sale). Prior to finding mixtkl, I spent a lot of $$$ on royalty free music and licenses...and then I couldn't claim 100% of my recordings because I was using royalty free music.

Here is a sample site I used to go to for this kind of music: https://www.enlightenedaudio.com/

As you can see, these tracks are really pricey, and I make a lot of sessions. By creating my own ambient tracks, I don't have to mess with the licensing issues and I can make custom ambient music tracks for each session.

Here is an example of a meditation I've done w/a custom Mixtkl track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO9H7XqDKCI
https://youtu.be/o2T18EzXXds

Here's a sample of ambient mixes by themselves:
https://youtu.be/YVhg_msB1bQ
https://youtu.be/KW_CC_rt5d0

But I also have plans to use my mixtkl tracks in other relaxation sessions with nature sounds and binaural beats (i have other software for this)

The thing is, as I stated, I have 0 music experience....and I everything i make is intuitively put together using Mixtkl. If I will be able to do the same with Wotja, then I'll be happy.

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby imtim » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:59 am

Hi lilah

Sorry for the slow response.. I checked out the links which helped; cool.

Yes, you can do this just as easily with Wotja, maybe even more so now - Wotja, after all, being the evolution of Mixtikl and an app we want to keep improving :).

Best wishes in your creations and peace making!

Tim

Return to “Mixtikl”