Need help with the parameters section in Mixtikl

Generative Music Mixer
Nostromo 180924609
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Need help with the parameters section in Mixtikl

Postby Nostromo 180924609 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:09 pm

I have Mixtikl for IOS. I cant for the life of me figure out how to change the melodies. How to change notes, rythm and such. Can someone help me please?

If this looks wierd to someone, its due to language barrier and me being somewhat a noob to synths.

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Need help with the parameters section in Mixtikl

Postby imtim » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi Nostromo

Mixtikl comes with serveral Tiklpaks each of which include a number of "parts". These are all generative "presets" which are Noatikl files (for note generation) married to Partikl sounds. If there is a generative part (not an audio loop) for which you want to change the Noatikl settings, then tap the content cell and select the "Paramaters" button.

You then see the Noatikl editor in Mixtikl. You can edit any of the Noatikl parameters, but you need to understand how the Noatikl parameters work, so you will need to look at the Noatikl manual : http://www.intermorphic.com/tools/noati ... index.html

The Noatikl Editor in Mixtikl is not the easiest thing to get your head around, and it might help you to play with Noatikl a bit to familiarise yourself with how Noatikl works, i.e. how Scale, Note, Harmony and Next Note rules work and how the voice types work and how patterns work.

Hope this helps!

t

Nostromo 180924609
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Postby Nostromo 180924609 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:37 pm

Thanks. At least now I know where to look:) I have gotten so far as to understand that it is in "parameters" I change the notes and such. But just not exactly where:)

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby impete » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:17 pm

You might find it easier in learning your way around the Noatikl engine that is built-in to Mixtikl, by investigating the parameters with the Noatikl application instead. :)

Best wishes,

Pete

Return to “Mixtikl”