Mixtikl 5 - How you are using it?

Generative Music Mixer
imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Mixtikl 5 - How you are using it?

Postby imtim » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Hi all

We would really love to hear from people how they are using Mixtikl (Desktop, Plugins, Mobile).

Mixtikl can be used in *so many* different ways, and we would really love to know how you use it, what you use it for, and what you most like about it. If you want you can also tell us what you don't like about it, but this thread is mainly about focusing on the positives so you might prefer to do that in a different thread. :)

We are kicking this off so that we can try to better understand what it does that makes it rock for YOU. If we can find some common trends, then that is going to help us as we move forward with it. We are also starting a new thread on features that you would like to see, but that is a different topic, so head over to that, too, if you want (viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1610).

atb

tim and pete

DrAwkward
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Re: Mixtikl 5 - How you are using it?

Postby DrAwkward » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:41 am

I wanna use it as sound installation for parties - have an active version playing in the kitchen, for example, with a more mellow and ambient version playing in the bathrooms on a different android.

The problem is that it mutes the output as the Kindle Fire falls asleep. So I've gotta poke it every few minutes, which is exhausting, or resort to a rendered audio file, which is stale.

Same thing with using it (filled with my own audio) as horrifying haunted house "music". Gotta put a "drinking bird" on the screen or despair.

Also been using it to "fill in the cracks" of instrumental loops I produce, to make them feel "sampled from somewhere else"

Thanks for a great tool!

-Dawk

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi DrAwkward!

Many thanks for getting in touch.

To stop your Kindle Fire falling asleep, try this...

Select your Kindle Fire's main menu, then More, than Display (or Sounds & Display).

Here, you can change the Screen Timeout to "Never".

Does that work for you? :)

Best wishes,

Pete

DrAwkward
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Postby DrAwkward » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:00 am

Ah haaa! Way to do an end run around the problem!

Here I had been cracking my coconut looking within Mixtikl, while (an) answer was within my device instead! Elegant and functional, thanks!

-Dawk

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:29 am

Happy to have helped. :)

Best wishes,

Pete

Return to “Mixtikl”