Mixtikl 6 - What features would you like us to consider?

Generative Music Mixer
imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Mixtikl 6 - What features would you like us to consider?

Postby imtim » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:47 pm

Hi all

Mixtikl 5 is already pretty powerful, but we are always striving to improve Mixtikl.

We are going to start work on Mixtikl 6 in a while, and wondered if there were any hot feature additions you would like us to consider. We cannot promise to add any of the things that are suggested (as we have plenty of our own ideas, too!), but we would love to have some input from you. Please be as clear/detailed as possible on anything you think would bring a BIG improvement to Mixtikl for you - either in terms of productivity, useability, results etc. These can be small tweaks to big features, but the key thing is that they would bring BIG benefits to you.

The more feedback we have the better, especially if certain clear trends appear, so suggest away!

NB: We are also asking people to let us know how they use Mixtikl, so please head over to that thread if you would like to contribute your experiences there, too (viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1609).

With many thanks to those who speak up,

tim and pete

pierecall
Gold
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Re: Mixtikl 6 - What features would you like us to consider?

Postby pierecall » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:50 am

insert and uses virtual instruments ( for example,native,arturia etc etc) on mixtikl stand alone from cell tracks :wink: :D

hi

gennaro

Estragon

Postby Estragon » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi thanks for Mixtikl, I love it :)

I'd love it more if there was:

1. Randomise individual cells feature.
2. Ability to lock individual cells when you are happy with each one.
3. An undo button (ideally infinite but one step would be great!)

Thanks

:)

warlordluke

Postby warlordluke » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:36 pm

I would like to see something like being able to upload the Mixdowns or the live mixes to something like dropbox once you have recorded them.

DrAwkward

Postby DrAwkward » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:33 am

As it is, Mixtikl times out with the standard Kindle Fire idle time timeout. Leave it running for a few minutes, and it mutes as the screen dims. This defeats its purpose as: sleep/meditation aid; sound for art installations; sound for haunted house (yes, with custom audio designed to be horrifying rather than soothing!)

I'd love it if Mixtikl exercised the same muscle that all games do, and bypassed the sleep command. Or, as some apps do, give the option to keep full CPU usage despite a dimmed screen (which would be ideal for installations/haunted house usage.) Give me the option to plug in my Kindle and not worry about power sleeping, etc.! Surely I don't want to use unnecessary power during day-to-day use, but please allow me to have several instances on several Androids playing different versions of a given scene for a party (public rooms get more active versions, bathroom gets subdued version, chill room gets very subdued with additional effects, both software and hardware.)

Global LFOs, with a slot within each module for +- amount (set up a slow sinewave LFO applied to a reverb dry/wet amount. now apply the same LFO to a lowpass filter and your sounds get closer and less verby, then 'farther away' with more reverb and more high frequencies cut, all according to the LFO. you might want a complementary sound to have opposite parameters, so that parts could come to the fore and recede naturally, and swap with other tones naturally. Let these be sync-able or totally removed from sync. Please support more resolution in the very-slow range, as we might want things to change over several minutes (rather than being the stereotypical LFO=pitch vibrato) If the parts are able to tap in to varying phases of the LFOs cycle, that further deepens sound design abilities.

So far, I am in love with Mixtikl, and it creeps into many of my more "mundane" musical tasks, whether as filler-of-cracks or gated ambient rhythm. Thanks for such a euphonic and powerful tool! I look forward to realizing even more of my musical visions with Mixtikl in the future!

-Dawk

Nickl
Bronze

Postby Nickl » Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:27 pm

Virtual Midi capability would be a useful addition for me - this is about the only music app I use that doesn't have VM.

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:13 pm

Virtual MIDI is coming first - for us! - to Noatikl for iOS, in a month or so! ;)

Best wishes,

Pete

stevensl

Postby stevensl » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:33 pm

As an Old Skool user of Mixtikl, I still use it to generate ambient atmospheres. As such, I need the tempo to be really, really slow. Is it possible to dial it down from 35bpm? As slow as you like would suit me just fine.

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:37 am

Thanks Laurence - I hear you. :)

Best wishes,

Pete

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:28 pm

Hi Laurence

I thought you would like to know: I changed Mixtikl 5.3.4, such that it allows you to reduce the tempo way down to 10 BPM...!

Best wishes,

Pete

Sidewinder

Postby Sidewinder » Fri May 03, 2013 4:02 am

How about Midi Learn? Would love to use an external controller...

pierecall
Gold

Postby pierecall » Fri May 03, 2013 10:45 am

Estragon wrote:Hi thanks for Mixtikl, I love it :)

I'd love it more if there was:

1. Randomise individual cells feature.
2. Ability to lock individual cells when you are happy with each one.
3. An undo button (ideally infinite but one step would be great!)

Thanks

:)

+1 :lol:

terminal8boy3
Bronze

Postby terminal8boy3 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:54 am

Separate audio outputs for the VST...that way I can properly mix things.

terminal8boy3
Bronze

Postby terminal8boy3 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:55 am

...And If I purchase the version 5 VST now, will I have to repurchase version 6 when it comes out?

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:58 am

Hi!

We haven't decided yet on a release schedule for Mixtikl 6 (features, pricing, if we'll have a special upgrade price or not for plug-in versions) - so I'd simply encourage you to buy Mixtikl 5, and enjoy it. :)

Many thanks for your support!

Best wishes,

Pete

Return to “Mixtikl”