Resolved: Mixtikl crashes on iPad

Generative Music Mixer
Nickl
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Resolved: Mixtikl crashes on iPad

Postby Nickl » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:13 am

I sent you an email about this last week. I said at the time that I couldn't see a pattern other than it was happening when I made changes to parameters. Having spent more time on this, it appears to happen only when I have entered data - changing the name of a voice or rule, or creating patterns. Some of the latter may be down to syntax error on my part (it would be better if Mixstikl told me rather than crashing). Unless I have saved changes step by step, then I lose every change made since my last save when it crashes so this is cramping my workflow somewhat at the moment.

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Mixtikl crashes on iPad

Postby impete » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the feedback.

Are there any specific steps you could give me to reproduce the problem?
e.g. start with empty mix, select cell, select template "xyz", select parameter "abc", try to change value..., crashes 10% of the time...?

We'll do what we can to track down and fix the problem!

Best wishes,

Pete

Nickl
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Postby Nickl » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:47 pm

I have been trying to spot a pattern but without luck so far. The first time it happened was when I was following the tutorial. I copied the first voice 2 or 3 times and renamed them. Mixtikl crashed when I tried changing the second or third copy. Everything was lost and I had to start again. It has since happened several times when I try to rename things - can't be precise, maybe 5% of the time. Doesn't appear to make any difference whether or not the piece is playing at the time. Similar thing happens with pattern changes; I am pretty certain that some of it is because I have made a syntax error, but not all.

The other thing that I noticed yesterday is that Mixtikl occasionally freezes after I make a parameter change - it hasn't happened often enough for me to link it with any particular parameter. (At the moment I am experimenting and changing all the parameters to see what difference it makes to the voice).

Nick

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:25 pm

Hi Nick,

Many thanks - that should be enough information for us to track-down and fix your problem.

I'll keep you posted!

Best wishes,

Pete

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:48 pm

Hi Nick,

We'll shortly be uploading a new version of Mixtikl.

I just wanted to let you know that I can't seem to reproduce your problem with this version - which is good. :)

However, if the new version of Mixtikl crashes for you, can you please investigate and send me the crash log?

Best wishes,

Pete

Return to “Mixtikl”