Mixtikl 5 (iPad): Need help figuring out Rhythm Rules

Generative Music Mixer
Weicool
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Mixtikl 5 (iPad): Need help figuring out Rhythm Rules

Postby Weicool » Mon May 06, 2013 2:16 am

I'm very new to Mixtikl, but having a great time exploring and experimenting. The results I get from this application are beautiful!

There's one part of the UI I haven't been able to figure out yet: how to use Rhythm Rules. In the top level of menus (in the same drop-down list as the voices) I can see several named rhythm rules that come with a patch, and I can create a new rhythm rule, name it, set its note values, etc., but then how do I make use of these rhythm rules? The only reference to rhythm rules I've found is in the Rules submenus of a particular voice. However, the set of rhythm rules listed there doesn't include new rules I've defined in the top-level menus or most of the rules predefined in the patch. The voice's rhythm rules generally include two options: a rule with a name similar to that of the voice and the random '?' option to let Mixtikl choose a rule (but from among what set of rules?).

So how do I define a new Rhythm Rule and put it into use, or even select of the predefined ones?

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Mixtikl 5 (iPad): Need help figuring out Rhythm Rules

Postby impete » Sat May 11, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi!

Many thanks for getting in touch! :)

The rule editing in Mixtikl, really is aimed at those who are familiar with Noatikl.

The best way to learn about Noatikl, is to look at the Noatikl User guide, and play around with the Rhythm Rules using a copy of Noatikl on your Mac or Windows desktop.

The specific page you're looking for is this one, I think:

http://www.intermorphic.com/tools/noati ... les_4.html

I should also note - we're going to launch Noatikl for iOS in a few weeks!

Best wishes,

Pete

Weicool
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Postby Weicool » Sun May 12, 2013 1:00 am

I'm still as confused, though. Defining a Rhythm Rule and then using it works as I'd expect in Noatikl on the Mac, but not in Mixtikl on the Mac or PC. In Mixtikl i can define a Rhythm Rule at the top level, but then when I try to select that rule under the voice's Rules > Rhythm Rules menu, its name doesn't show up in the list.

But that is very, very good news about Noatikl for iOS! I'll be waiting in line ...

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby impete » Sat May 18, 2013 10:03 am

Hi!

Ah, right, sorry - that sounds like a bug in Mixtikl.

I've logged it in our wonderful new fangled-issue tracking system, as MT-7.

Many thanks for the feedback!

Best wishes,

Pete

Return to “Mixtikl”