Getting 32 bit older version

Generative Music Mixer
zadude
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Getting 32 bit older version

Postby zadude » Sun May 12, 2013 6:17 am

Hi Guys - as I have mentioned elsewhere - I love the software - love the music I make with it.

I have a problem though - my oldest laptop updated my Mixtikl to the latest version but it is 64 Bit and my machine is 32bit and now it won't run. Is it possible to DL the last 32 bit version somehow?

I find the Apple store often does this - updates 64bit software on 32bit machines, then the software no longer works.

Sadly this is my working Mac - the one I use the most and the one I fiddle with Mixtikl the most. Is it possible to get back the older version?

Thanks,

Rick

ouzoman
Bronze
antispam_b: 2

Re: Getting 32 bit older version

Postby ouzoman » Sat May 18, 2013 12:32 am

Same issue here - How about it Intermorphic? What is the latest 32 bit version we can download?

Thanks!

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Getting 32 bit older version

Postby impete » Sat May 18, 2013 10:00 am

Hi folks!

Yes, this has been a problem for us, and some of our customers!!

Background as probably you know - Apple's development tool chain has moved on, and we've needed to make our Mac software 64-bit only, Mac OS 10.7 and later.

We *do* have 32-bit versions of the older software, that we make available for customers - there are older 32-bit plug-in versions of both Noatikl and Mixtikl that licensed plug-in users can get direct from our download page.

For Mac App Store customers who got caught-out by the transition, there are two ways we can help. Easiest for us, would be if you're happy to use a plug-in version (that works with e.g. Reaper etc.). If that is OK, then great - please contact us with proof of purchase, and we'll happily provide you with a complementary license key that will work with the older plug-in version that we've made available. If you really do need a standalone version, we can look to get an older build of the 32-bit standalone Mac software (which we'd need to give you a license key for); but we haven't made them available for public download since we transitioned to the Mac App Store. In both cases of course, we're not updating those versions - but this should keep you going until you next upgrade your Mac(s)!

Anyhow - hopefully this feedback helps, we'll do what we can to keep you running. :)

Best wishes to all,

Pete

Return to “Mixtikl”