Mixtikl 5 Ipad Following Voice help needed

Generative Music Mixer
mcoblio
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Mixtikl 5 Ipad Following Voice help needed

Postby mcoblio » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:51 am

I have tried creating a cell with 2 voices (one ambient-Ambient, one follower-Voice1). I am able to select Voice1 and change the parameter group from Basics to Following, change Parameter to Follow Named Voice, and Value to Ambient (in order to follow the ambient voice). I touch all of the check marks to return to the mixer. It does not appear that Voice1 is in fact following the ambient voice, and I confirm this by going back into the parameters. Voice1 defaults back to the Basics Parameter group. How do I make the desired change stick?

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Mixtikl 5 Ipad Following Voice help needed

Postby imtim » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:49 am

Hi

I think what you also need to do is, for the ambient voice, change the Voice type (found under basics, and is the first parameter) to Following. What you have done so far is to set the parameters for the following voice, but these are not used until the voice type is changed to following voice.

Sorry this is not clear, and one day we hope to be able to get around to hiding (or greying out) the parameters that are not available for use for composition (i.e. because the voice is set up to be another voice type).

See here for info on voice types: http://www.intermorphic.com/noatikl/use ... oice-types

Also see the setting in Basics where you set the voice type: http://www.intermorphic.com/noatikl/use ... e-rhythmic

Hoping this helps!

atb

tim

mcoblio

Postby mcoblio » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:47 pm

Thanks for the quick response Tim.

So if i am understanding you correctly, i cannot set up the content of a cell to be ambient and then add a second voice of the following type that will follow the ambient voice? Is this correct?

mcoblio

Postby mcoblio » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:50 pm

Ohhhhhhh.

I see now. Nevermind...

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby imtim » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:13 am

mcoblio wrote:Thanks for the quick response Tim.

So if i am understanding you correctly, i cannot set up the content of a cell to be ambient and then add a second voice of the following type that will follow the ambient voice? Is this correct?

Yes you can, but you need to set the voice type of each voice in the cell. I think from your later post that you figured that out.

atb

tim

Return to “Mixtikl”