Newbie question about "sequencing"

Generative Music Mixer
PeteG
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Newbie question about "sequencing"

Postby PeteG » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:34 pm

Hey everybody,
I'm new to mixtikl and can't find in simple enough terms how to sequence events in mixtikl. How would I make a certain inst come in at a certain time or every so often or something..

Maybe an example might be: I wanna have a submarine radar blip noise come in at 1 minute into a piece and once it's in, I want it to blip every 9 sec. How do I do this? Is it even possible on mixtikl?

Can anyone help with this?

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Newbie question about "sequencing"

Postby imtim » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi Pete

Here are a couple of pointers. Lets just call this the "radar blip" track for example.

Lets assume you have the mix tempo set at 60bpm so that 1 bar is 4 seconds.

A blank cell will play for 1 bar by default.

For the first cell in this track, set the cell repeat to 15 (it is the control on the right, second row down in the content cell screen). This means that cell will play for 15 bars (e.g. 60 seconds) before moving to the next cell.

For the second cell you could create a fixed pattern where the pattern is such that a note is on and then off (try content cell button, select Noatikl Seed pak, and then fixed pattern). Then select the content cell parameters buttons and in the pattern field put in pattern like <100 B 60 1 -480> which means play the root note for 1 second followed by 8 seconds of silence. The pattern will automatically keep looping if the genbars control in the content cell screen is left as default.

Then you need to set the sound to be used for the pattern to be a blip like sound and you could explore the dsynth for that. Then, maybe apply a delay unit to the track for some kind of sonar effect.

Anyhow, hope that gets you going.

atb

tim

Return to “Mixtikl”