Mixtikl in a live environment - like good old Koan X

Generative Music Mixer
dintenbusch
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Mixtikl in a live environment - like good old Koan X

Postby dintenbusch » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:07 pm

Hello,

it was years ago I used the good old Koan X to produce an ambient underground for readings and spoken word performances. The graphical interface was great and it was easy to move the soundpacks on the graphical canvas. You could directly and in a graphical way interact with the word performance e. g. a reading of a horror story.

Mixtikl has the same sound atmosphere, but its to technical user interface is not suited for live performances especially, if you e.g. would like to ad some rhythm for a few seconds and made it fade out later, corresponding with the story.

Or are there any tricks or suggestions how to use Mixtikl in a live set?

My dream of course would be the good old Koan X interface an an iPad. THAT would be fun!

Greetings
d.busch

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Mixtikl in a live environment - like good old Koan X

Postby imtim » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:17 pm

Hi

Glad to hear you enjoyed Koan X!

You can kind of do what you want on iPad with Noatikl for iOS :) http://itunes.apple.com/app/id633262318

There is a blend view (www.intermorphic.com/noatikl/userguide/ ... view-blend), which may remind you of Koan X. You can drag elements up/down to control their volume, and you can also mute/solo them as well has have them drift about.

Now, Noatikl does not have support for audio loops, but all the Mixtikl templates are included in Noatikl, and these include some drum templates.

So, with any luck you might be able to try Noatikl and find it does enough of what you want!

Hoping that helps,

atb

tim

dintenbusch
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Re: Mixtikl in a live environment - like good old Koan X

Postby dintenbusch » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:47 pm

Wow! This looks veeery promising!

I'll check this out. Thank you for the fast reply!!

Return to “Mixtikl”