Generative Music Mixer
jp48
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Mixtikl PocketPC version

Postby jp48 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi all,

I'm new here (but not new with Mixtikl, also used Koan years ago). I bought Mixtikl Android version, works perfectly on one Android device, but not all (some are obviously not efficient/older machines).

But, my question: I have two PocketPC machines which are both in perfect condition, wanted to test PocketPC version but it seems that both versions (CAB and Installer) of Mixtikl 2 PocketPC, ZIP-files able to download from intermorphic main site are corrupted/not complete, the size of the ZIP's should be (according the site) ca. 8.8MB but I get only ca. 800Kb.

Could anyone point me the correct files, if exists somewhere ? :)

Thanks in advance !

-Jukka

jp48
Bronze

Re: Mixtikl PocketPC version

Postby jp48 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:55 pm

ps. I would need Mixtikl 2.1 (or earlier) PocketPC CAB-file only.

Thanks !

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby imtim » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi Jukka

I think you are right, the files were too small for some reason - oops! I have re-uploaded again so I hope they work this time (we have no devices to test on).

What are you looking to do?

atb

tim

jp48
Bronze

Postby jp48 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:36 pm

Hello Tim,

OK, thanks, downloaded and tested to install two machines (Dell Axim X5 and X30, running PocketPC 2002 (CE 3.0) and PocketPC 2003 (CE 4.2). respectively, but not able to install, setup starts, runs completely but machine (I have craddle only for X30) doesn't accept the installation. CAB files doesn't run either of machines.

Can you tell what version(s) of PocketPC's Mixtikl 2 works, also, if not those machines I described, would it be possible to get some archived, older version that would work.

I'm building a mobile setup and would like run Android + PocketPC versions of Mixtikl together to create an album of ambient/experimental music (might contain also other stuff, like self-programmed game consoles, monotron and so on).

Of course, I would like to buy the PocketPC version, just need a working version first :).

Thanks !!!!!! :)

-Jukka

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:26 pm

jp48 wrote:Can you tell what version(s) of PocketPC's Mixtikl 2 works, also, if not those machines I described, would it be possible to get some archived, older version that would work.

Hmm, that is a shame as they are the archived versions I have and I have no idea why they would not work. It was soooo long ago that it is possible I have the wrong archive versions. I have had a scout around and have found some later 2.2.0.19 versions. I have no idea if these were released, or if they work, but I have now uploaded them. We make no representations to these so they are E&OE. If these work, could you please let me know? Thanks! If not, I will have to try an older version I guess...

jp48 wrote:I'm building a mobile setup and would like run Android + PocketPC versions of Mixtikl together to create an album of ambient/experimental music (might contain also other stuff, like self-programmed game consoles, monotron and so on).

OK, cool.

jp48 wrote:Of course, I would like to buy the PocketPC version, just need a working version first :).

Well, we don't even sell it any more so it if works, great, you can use it. If everything worked out and you wanted to, but only if you wanted to, you could purchase another couple of licences just for good measure :). However, that would be your call!

atb

tim

jp48
Bronze

Postby jp48 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:07 pm

Tested with both machines, unfortunately didn't work. Windows Mobile Center handles the installation process but I'm quite sure these are for newer machines than I have. Also, CAB's are not recognized either of machines, I don't have any machines with newer OS's and can't find upgradings either.

If you could find (much) older versions, that would be very cool, I've dreamed to have Koan/Mixtikl for these PocketPC's for years, somehow I feel more comfortable with PocketPC's (when doing music), much faster with stylus than with fingers (and more precise).

I want real licence, and of course, thank you of Mixtikl, and all this help you're offering just now :)

Thanks !

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:40 pm

OK. I will see if I have a chance to look something out tomorrow......

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:12 pm

imtim wrote:OK. I will see if I have a chance to look something out tomorrow......

OK, as I am not sure why it is not working, I have created a zip of all the PPC CAB zip files (i.e. various builds) I could find. Try downloading this and seeing if any of the CABs work. Once you have downloaded the file could you please let me know and I will remove it. Could you also let me know if any of the CABs work, and which ones? If there are some that work I will add them as links to the archive section.

http://intermorphic.com/download/archiv ... pc_cab.zip (52MB and contains a number of zips)

hth

tim

jp48
Bronze

Postby jp48 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:13 pm

Tim,

Thanks very much !

I have downloaded them and made some preliminary testings, for both machines:

Dell Axim X5 (PocketPC 2002, CE 3.0):

CAB's 5,6,7 install well, but none of them run, just got the message "mixtikl_msmobile is not a valid Pocket PC application"

Dell Axim X30 (PocketPC 2003, CE 4.2):

None of the CAB's install.

I'm now testing to copy installed programs from X5 to X30, just to see what happens.

I let you know if I am able to get any of them to work.

Thanks, and Happy Christmas !!!

Best, Jukka

ps. You can remove the CAB zip file, I have it here now.

imtim wrote:
imtim wrote:OK. I will see if I have a chance to look something out tomorrow......

OK, as I am not sure why it is not working, I have created a zip of all the PPC CAB zip files (i.e. various builds) I could find. Try downloading this and seeing if any of the CABs work. Once you have downloaded the file could you please let me know and I will remove it. Could you also let me know if any of the CABs work, and which ones? If there are some that work I will add them as links to the archive section.

http://intermorphic.com/download/archiv ... pc_cab.zip (52MB and contains a number of zips)

hth

tim

Return to “Mixtikl”