Importing WAV Files

Generative Music Mixer
DanL
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Importing WAV Files

Postby DanL » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:53 am

Hello.

I'm a newbie to Mixtikl. I'm trying to import a wav file to a cell. I press the record button and the list of midi and wav files appears, but there's no clipboard button, as indicated in the users' guide. What am I missing?

Thanks.

Dan

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Importing WAV Files

Postby imtim » Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:09 am

Hi Dan

As you do not say which version you are using, my guess is that you are using Mixtikl for Android. This does not support Clipboard for WAV files.

What you need to do instead, is, from the Content Cell menu, select Content. Then, select the top (..) about 5 times (this is to do with browsing the file system) until you see (..) with (intermorphic) under that. You will also see all you recordings below that. Simply select one to add it to the content cell. The only thing to note is that this is treated as a stream and not a sample, so it will not be pitch/time stretched if you change the tempo or root.

hope that helps!

tim

DanL
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Postby DanL » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:47 pm

Hi Tim.

Thanks for responding. I'm using the Mac desktop standalone version (6.2.10). This method does work. But I'm curious if my version does support clipboard for WAV files. I'm also curious about the difference between a sample and a stream. As you can probably tell, I'm new to digital music and sound processing.

Dan

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby imtim » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:49 pm

Hi Dan

No problems. The only version of Mixtikl that supports copy/paste of WAV files is the iOS version, and that is because it supports Retronyms AudioCopy/Audio Paste.

The difference between a sample and a stream (in our terminology) is that a sample is loaded into memory and can be pitch shifted/time stretched by Mixtikl, whereas a stream is played "as is" direct from disk.

Hoping that helps!

Atb

tim

Return to “Mixtikl”