Is Partikl accessible on Windows/MAC standalone?

Intermorphic Sound Engine
imekon
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Is Partikl accessible on Windows/MAC standalone?

Postby imekon » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:50 pm

I'm curious, is the ISS standalone on Windows or MAC?

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Is Partikl accessible on Windows/MAC standalone?

Postby impete » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:26 am

Hi imekon,

I'm not sure I understand the question - could you explain a bit more about what info you're looking for?

Best wishes,

Pete

imekon
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Postby imekon » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Is it possible to use ISS without Mixtikl, i.e. like a standalone midi system?

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:18 am

imekon wrote:Is it possible to use ISS without Mixtikl, i.e. like a standalone midi system?

Hi, but we are still not clear on what you are asking or wanting to do. The iSS is what underlies Partikl which is integral to both Noartikl and Mixtikl, variants of which are available for both Mac and Windows. Partikl is not available separately as a multi-synth, but only within NT and MT.

If you could give us an example of what you are wanting to do, or a use case, that would help us better answer your question!

hth

tim

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:44 pm

kate wrote:Is there any way of controling or embeding Partikl in a Macromedia Flash project? Perhaps there is a way of triggering a play command from Flash to Mixtikl?
Best wishes

Hi Kate

Not that I am aware of, sorry, unless Flash can load and run an executable or program (in which case it might be able to run Mixtikl which may then load the most recently used file but I am pretty sure that Mixtikl does not autostart playing). This used to be possible with the SSEYO Koan Interactive Audio Platform (a precursor to our generative apps) but that is no longer available (since 2002).

There is another thought, though.... Mixtikl supports loading/playing of mixtikls (files in a URL format - mixtikl://). If you click on one of those in the file system it will load Mixtikl and then play. You can try saving a file with Mixtikl (or click on one of the example tikls in the following page http://www.intermorphic.com/mixtikl/index.html#examples, or even just copy the text string below to a text file and save to your computer as blah.mixtikl and then double click on it to load it).

text string for the "Semaphore Crystal Ghost" example in the webpage mentioned above:
http://mixtikl.com/?mtk4UEsDBBQAAAAIAAA ... ABsCAAAAAA

Hoping that helps...

Would be interested to know more what you are wanting to do....

atb

tim

Return to “ISE / PSE”