Mixtikl 4.0.0.3

Latest release and release history, with changes
imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Mixtikl 4.0.0.3

Postby imtim » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:06 pm

Now available on the App Store and with desktop versions available for download from our website.

Mixtikl 4.0 is the 17th free update since Mixtikl 2, and another big advance for Mixtikl. It brings drill-down parameter editing of core Noatikl parameters, allowing you to customise all included generative content. Messing with patterns and pattern randomisation can be a lot of fun for generating new riff ideas and arps. The Noatikl parameter editor is primarily aimed mainly at Noatikl users who are familiar with Noatikl for PC/Mac, which is also recommended for constructing pieces from scratch. That said, if you are into experimenting and you don't know Noatikl, there is a still a ton to mess with! It is a free update for licenced owners of Mixtikl 2.x/3.x.

Also see the page listing differences between Mixtikl (Full) and Mixtikl Free: http://www.intermorphic.com/tools/mixtikl/variants.html

✓ New: Integrated drill-down Noatikl parameter editor for generative content customisation: - All of the core Noatikl parameters are available for real-time editing
- All changes saved when you save the mix, which can be tweeted
- Pattern editing with text editing of sub-patterns and randomisation options
- Import Noatikl files (created with Noatikl desktop, available separately) from the clipboard
- Save Noatikl files to User Content folder
- New Noatikl Seed pak, containing simple Noatikl voice type definitions

✓ New: Universal 64-bit AU/VSTi for Mac (used to be only 32-bit)
✓ Fixed: Windows-specific crash in generative bars editing.
✓ Fixed: Windows-specific screen update problem
✓ Fixed: Problem saving files under Internet Explorer
✓ Fixed: Several stability problems with AU/VSTi (Mac/Win): Tested with Reaper, Logic, Live, GarageBand

✓ Improved: Now much easier export of mixtikls for tweeting
✓ Improved: Simplified behaviour of the More menu
✓ Improved: On first load-up for most variants, auto-load and auto-start a demo mix
✓ Improved: Look of list items and FX network editor
✓ Improved: Added Clear Cell item to the Clear menu, also clears the "locked" status
✓ Improved: Operation of Mixtikl Free for iOS
✓ Improved: Reports the OS, variant and number of bits in the Help -> About screen

✓ Bug fixes and general improvements

Get the Desktop update here: http://intermorphic.com/download/index.html#mixtikl
Get the Mixtikl (Full) iPhone/iPad/iPod touch update from the Apple AppStore: http://itunes.apple.com/app/id347409277?mt=8
Get the MIxtikl FREE iPhone/iPad/iPod touch update from the Apple AppStore: http://itunes.apple.com/app/id436861817?mt=8

roberthanline
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Re: Mixtikl 4.0.0.3

Postby roberthanline » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:04 am

Man I love you guys! Friday updates are the best!! Posted a new review on the app store just now. I spent what is normally my hour long train ride home sleeping, tweaking the new variables. I am really tired now but cannot stop. :D Thanks again for constantly updating an already brilliant app!

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Thanks Robert, glad you like it. :)

Plenty more to come from us, have no fear. We have far more fun ideas than we'll have time to implement. :)

Best wishes,

Pete

Loopy C
Platinum

Postby Loopy C » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:41 am

Mixtikl AU no longer works in Leopard 10.5.8/Logic 9.1.4 here? Sending you screenshots of errors (same with Noatikl AU also). Also tried as VST inside Kore 2...also failed.

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:07 am

Thanks Chris, mail and screenshots received. That is certainly a puzzler - I'll investigate!

Best wishes,

Pete

arcana des
Gold
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Postby arcana des » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:33 pm

Now, this update is pretty awesome. THANKS! Much more control options and editing with the Noatikl editor in Mixtikl. And, much more stable in Logic. Hmm..I still have some noobish questions I guess that might be better suited as a new topic. But, I'm wondering about the relationship..or communication between Noatikl and Mixtikl. Not just what you've added to/inside Mixtikl, but between stand-alone Noatikl's ability to send/listen & sync MIDI events with Mixtikl? I'm hoping this isn't that dumb of a question and that I'm articulating the question correctly.
Thanks! :?

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:50 pm

Hi!

Many thanks!

To re-iterate my post in the Noatikl sub-forum, Mixtikl really does have an embedded Noatikl music engine - fully loaded, so to speak. :)

But the Mixtikl and Noatikl apps don't directly talk together (though Mixtikl can open Noatikl files, of course!).

We're planning on keeping the two as separate products. Mixtikl is focused on mixing together lots of stuff, and seeing what happens. Noatikl will be focused on detailed editing of generative pieces (that, sure, you'll hopefully want to mash-up in Mixtikl!).

But Noatikl 2 should, hopefully allow output optionally through it's own embedded Partikl synth.

All very exciting. :)

Anyways, do please ask if you have any questions. Oh, and do please post an up-to-date review to the app store if you get a chance!

Best wishes,

Pete

Loopy C
Platinum

Postby Loopy C » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:03 pm

Will support for Mixtikl/Noatikl plug-ins with Leopard ever be returning? I pretty much stopped using both programs on my main music computer back in July???(see my above post) and am actually surprised this has never been resolved :(

If it helps, one thing I noticed is the component shows as a folder instead of a standard component (though it is named with correct extension)...perhaps some clue to why those last updates killed both programs as plug-ins here in 10.5.8? I am pretty sure it has something to do with your compiling (Xcode version? 64 bit??), was this ever pursued?

I use Mixtikl/Noatikl 'locked' to other app's clocks so not having plug-in use became a real show stopper here and have had to pursue other apps to accomplish desired goals which is disappointing as the latest Mixtikl generation was what created those particular goals!

Thanks in advance ;-)

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:19 pm

Hi Chris!

I'm really sorry about this, but alas, Apple keep moving their tools on, and keep removing support for the lower-end Mac OS versions from the toolchain.

Mixtikl 5 for Mac - due any week now :) - is now for Mac OS X 10.6.8 and later, Intel only. That is one of the requirements for distribution through the Mac App Store, incidentally - the absolute minimum for that is Mac OS X 10.6.8 ... Noatikl 2 will also be available through the Mac App Store (we've already launched Liptikl this way as well), so has the same general restriction...

Related: Mixtikl 5 for iOS, is for iOS 5 and later only - it was the only way we could access certain critical APIs - and that targets iPod 3rd gen +, iPhone 3GS +, iPad 1 + and later... (older devices aren't supported).

We've tried where we can over the years to keep running on old devices and OS's - the Windows versions will continue to work on Windows XP 32-bit, for example, but we simply have less options on Apple platforms I'm afraid!

Best wishes,

Pete

Loopy C
Platinum

Postby Loopy C » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:29 pm

Thanks Pete. I understand...so what is the last plug-in versions that are specified to work with 10.5.8 and where can I download them? I only need the plug-ins as the recent standalone apps seem to work? in Leopard...any problem mixing versions between plug-in/standalone?

btw, you realize that Leopard support is still specified in your requirements section?

Desktop Requirements: 46 MB hard disk space, 512MB RAM; Windows: Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7; Mac: Intel, MacOS 10.5 or later. For Mixtikl browser plugin on Mac/Safari, Safari must be set to run in 32-bit mode

(copied from your current downloads pages)

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Hi Chris,

Blimey - that's a good question - I'll have to trawl the archives to find out!

Off the top of your head - roughly which version did it stop working for you? That'll help!! :)

Best wishes,

Pete

Loopy C
Platinum

Postby Loopy C » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:25 pm

As far as i know, it was the July updates that broke everything, so that means the new version of Mixtikl (I would need last Mixtikl 3) and then the last revision of Noatikl before July/64 bits. Probably when you did the 64 bit updates for everything is where everything stopped working here?

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:16 am

Hi Chris,

Thanks for that. I'll take a look at the backups tonight, see what I can find for you! :)

Best wishes,

Pete

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi Chris,

Sorry about the delay there - I've been laid low with a cold - I've mailed you a link to what I hope are the files you need.
Do please let me know how you get on with them!

Best wishes,

Pete

Return to “Releases”