Resolved: Gen/Cell + Range acting strangely

Tell us what doesn't work as it should
Androidmonk
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Resolved: Gen/Cell + Range acting strangely

Postby Androidmonk » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:55 am

I've been using the new gen/cell+range functions a lot since the last release (2.4.0.4), and It seems that sometimes the +range will return to "0" after a while.This happens when I reload a song or I sometimes during a session, I'll go back to a "grayed" cell only to find the range back at zero. I've been using rests a lot in this manner as well, and many times upon returning to a song, the rests have reverted themselves back to default and the "grayed" bar has disappeared completely. strange.

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Gen/Cell + Range acting strangely

Postby imtim » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:23 am

Hi!

Good to hear you have been using the new params and using the bars/repeat settings for rests is indeed handy! You may also have seen the tip on that here: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=1090#p5163

What you have reported does indeed sound strange (i.e. cell repeat range settings just changing), and we would like to get a handle on what is happening. We first need to be able to reproduce it in order to do that!

What kind of content are you using in your content cells, genenerative or loops? Do you set the genbars and genbars range settings, or is it only cellrepeat settings you are using?

Am I right to understand you see this happens only for the cell repeat range setting? What is the "Pak" that you see when you load your mixes (e.g User Content or some other)?

How often does it happen?

If you are able to find a way to reproduce it, or provide any other clues that would also help!

Hoping to get to the bottom of this....

atb

tim

Androidmonk
Bronze

Postby Androidmonk » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:20 pm

OK let's see:
Looks like 3 out of my last 6 songs since the upgrade have ranges reverted to 0 in some way. And the content is all new (from last upgrade). Looks like 2 of the songs seem to have only the rests reverted back to a 0 range. I was using a technique that used a 1 bar rest with a cell rpt range set to >0, then placed it before a sample so it would play at random times. But when I went back, they were just default 1 bar rests.

My last song has some generative content reverted as well. I know I had these cells set with a "Gen bars" number and a >0 range to keep things unpredictable, but now their back to a 0 + rng (although the number of bars hasn't changed).

I'm gonna keep trying to recreate these oddities because no other users are reporting on it, plus I don't want to appear like some kind of Mixtikl hypochondriac. :P

I know some of the new generative content is a bit processor heavy, so maybe that caused these settings to be somehow disregarded. Not that those songs are particularly bloated, and I'm using an Iphone 4 as well.

Umcorps
Platinum

Postby Umcorps » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:08 am

Androidmonk wrote:I'm gonna keep trying to recreate these oddities because no other users are reporting on it, plus I don't want to appear like some kind of Mixtikl hypochondriac. :P

Not a hypochondriac. You have a dose of orientitis.

When you flip the iPhone from portrait to landscape (or vice vera) it zeros the cell range settings. I'm fairly sure its not intended behaviour. :)

The interim workaround would be to keep 'er upright I guess.

Androidmonk
Bronze

Postby Androidmonk » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:48 am

Not a hypochondriac. You have a dose of orientitis.

Interesting! So I'm not going crazy after all. Thanx. :)

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:05 am

Thanks Mark for tracking this one down and an interim work around... Now we just need to fix it!

atb

t

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:19 pm

Hi all,

Just to let you all know that this is now fixed (sorry!!) and will be in ihe next update.

Best wishes,

Pete

Return to “Bug Reports”