Workaround: New Random Mix Bug

Tell us what doesn't work as it should
birdman
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Workaround: New Random Mix Bug

Postby birdman » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:35 am

Hi

Running Mixtikl 2.5.0.2 on my iPhone 4 I've noticed that when creating a new random mix and limiting the content selection to (eg.) one pak, content from many pak's seem to be used in the resulting mix. Performing the same operation on my iPad (and limiting the content to a single pak) it works correctly.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a setting somewhere but thought I'd report it here anyway.

Cheers

Simon

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: New Random Mix Bug ?

Postby imtim » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:24 am

Thanks for reporting this Simon. We will look into it and report back!

atb

tim

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: New Random Mix Bug ?

Postby imtim » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:00 pm

Bug:
Pressing the Random mix button in the New Mix menu will create a mix that includes content from paks that have been selected but then hidden with one one of the bottom 3 pak filters (Gen / Loop / TBYB).

Mixtikl Version 2.5.0.2:
All (iPhone / iPad / iPod touch & Win/Mac).

Example of issue:
Open New Mix dialog.
Check any of the 3 bottom checkbox filters (Gen / Loop / TBYB) to display those kind of paks in the pak list.
Select (check) various paks in the pak list, but then uncheck the bottom checkbox filters for the paks you don't want (this hides those paks from the list, but [bug] does not actually deselect them for inclusion in randomisation).
When you create a random mix then you will get content from those paks, even though not showing up in the list.

Workaround:
Open New Mix dialog.
Check all 3 bottom checkbox filters (Gen / Loop / TBYB) to display all installed paks in the pak list.
Deselect all those you do not want.
Create a random mix.

Remember: If you have paks selected WHEN you press the Random button, then these selected paks will be used in the randomisation process (whether or not they have been filtered out from the pak list display).

Return to “Bug Reports”