Fixed: iPod Touch 4g: Crashes during Mixdown Recording

Tell us what doesn't work as it should
HiroTsukasa
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Fixed: iPod Touch 4g: Crashes during Mixdown Recording

Postby HiroTsukasa » Mon May 02, 2011 5:32 am

Hey,

This problem just cropped up for me in the last few days. I've had Mixtikl for a few months but mostly just tinkered with it without trying every feature. Originally, I had been recording audio from Mixtikl using the line-in on my laptop. I got tired of the crap quality I was getting with the line-in and finally sat with the manual on the site and learned how to use Mixdown and Live Recording.

This problem comes in when using Mixdown Recording with the bar amount set high. I initially decided to set it to 100 just to have more to work with and chop up on my laptop. However, some times, once the bar got near the end the screen would turn black and crash back out to all my apps. When I reloaded Mixtikl it was at a blank project and the settings for Mixdown Recording had been reset to their default. Also, a new recording would be listed in my recording list but it was a very small file size and ran 0 seconds once I took it off to check.

I'm not sure what is causing this. It happens entirely at random. I've been using random mix just to generate stuff to test and I can do sometimes one or sometimes even three or four mixdown recordings before it crashes like this. In all the cases, Mixtikl is the only app I have running and I always shut down my Touch and restart it beforehand just to have its memory fresh. It doesn't seem to be a problem based on certain mixes because of the ones that have crashed, I eventually got a successful mixdown on future attempts.

Ultimately, this isn't a crippling problem because as long as I save the mixes I am working on I can always just reload them and try again but it is a bit frustrating. It happens far more often with 100 bars so I've taken to running them at 90 bars which causes the crash less but it still occurs; would be nice to have every option available with ease.

In any case, just wanted to congratulate you all on this amazing app. Whether this is a bug or some problem on my end this is still a 5-star app in my book. Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: iPod Touch 4g: Crashes during Mixdown Recording

Postby impete » Mon May 02, 2011 3:10 pm

Hi!

Many thanks for reporting the problem.

I've investigated this, and am pleased to report that this is fixed in Mixtikl 3 ... out in just a few weeks.

In the interim, the simplest work-around would be to reduce the recording quality and/or channels for your recording (via the settings button in the recording dialog).

Best wishes,

Pete

HiroTsukasa
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Re: iPod Touch 4g: Crashes during Mixdown Recording

Postby HiroTsukasa » Tue May 03, 2011 2:15 am

Awesome, that is great to know. I was already looking forward to Mixtikl 3 so this just makes one more thing to be excited about. Until then I'll keep working with what I have been doing or try your suggestion. Thanks for the info and the fast response.

Return to “Bug Reports”