[Work-around] Sending MIDI files from iPad

Tell us what doesn't work as it should
Mondokane
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

[Work-around] Sending MIDI files from iPad

Postby Mondokane » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Hello everybody! I've just purchased Mistikl for iPad. It's fabulous! But I have a problem. I'm trying to send a midi file from the app to my mail address but I can't. The app just doesn't attach de file, no problem with wav files at all, but it's impossible with midi files. My deviceis an iPad2 iOS 5.0.1. Mixtikl Full. Any ideas?

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Sending MIDI files from iPad

Postby impete » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:14 pm

Hi - and many thanks for your kind comments. :)

This sounds like its probably a bug - so I've made a note to investigate ... we're very busy working on Noatikl 2 at the moment, so that'll take some time I think!

However - you can presumably copy-out your MIDI recordings by using iTunes syncing...?

http://www.intermorphic.com/tools/conte ... ation.html

Hoping this helps!

Best wishes,

Pete

Mondokane

Postby Mondokane » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:58 pm

impete wrote:Hi - and many thanks for your kind comments. :)

This sounds like its probably a bug - so I've made a note to investigate ... we're very busy working on Noatikl 2 at the moment, so that'll take some time I think!

However - you can presumably copy-out your MIDI recordings by using iTunes syncing...?

http://www.intermorphic.com/tools/conte ... ation.html

Hoping this helps!

Best wishes,

Pete

My iTunes doesn't show any Mixtikl files in the Mixtikl Documents: no mixes, no MIDI files, no Wav files (another bug?). However I've found my MIDIs exporting via Local Network, but not wav files.

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:45 am

Hi

Sorry if this is not completely clear....

Select the intermorphic folder (which includes all your audio/MIDI recordings and saved mixes) and then either press the "Save to..." button at the very bottom or drag the folder to where you want it to go.

The way we do it at the moment, you cannot see or transfer individual recordings, simply everthing that is in that folder (making it easier to sync everything). We are wanting to re-look at our approach here.

NB: One other useful general link is to see how Apple describe App File Sharing: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT4094

hth

tim

Mondokane

Postby Mondokane » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:39 am

Oh! :shock: I understand. I can see my files, now.

Thank you very much for your help! :lol:

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:00 pm

:mrgreen:

jeffm

Re: [Resolved] Sending MIDI files from iPad

Postby jeffm » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:53 pm

You have marked this problem as "Resolved" but it isn't.

You posted a work around but since I do not use iTunes or connect my iPad to my PC, I need the Email option to work.

Please removed the "Resolved" status and advise on when I can expect this feature to work as advertised.

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:43 am

Hi Jeff,

Many thanks for getting in touch. I hope you're enjoying Mixtikl on your iPad!

I've just created a new issue, so we can track this feature request (MT-9).
This is using our very nice new issue tracking system, that Tim and I have been using since we started work on Noatikl for iOS.

I'd assume that we'd be able to add-in support for this feature in when we next look to update Mixtikl.
That won't be for a while, as we're hard at work on core audio engine improvements that will feed-in to updates to all our products (and also enable some new ones in the future!).

Back to your immediate issue: so far as I'm aware, the work-around we described above should work for you. Is there any technical reason why you cannot use iTunes to connect to your iOS device, and pull the data out through the route we documented?

Of course, that is also the solution to get your various Mixtikl "mix" files from your iOS device to to your desktop computer (e.g. if you wanted to use the files with one of the desktop versions of Mixtikl).

Best wishes,

Pete

jeffm

Postby jeffm » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:05 am

impete wrote:Back to your immediate issue: so far as I'm aware, the work-around we described above should work for you. Is there any technical reason why you cannot use iTunes to connect to your iOS device, and pull the data out through the route we documented?

My wife and I both have iPods and we also have an iPad which we share.

A while back she synced her iPod and something weird happened - it scrambled her extensive audio library and it took us (well, ME!!!) ages to sort out.

Since then I don't trust iTunes and never really liked it anyway, so I use a free 3rd party application to transfer MP3s and movies on to my own iPod - my wife still uses iTunes and curses it frequently.

Therefore, we aren't keen to connect up the iPad - we have never needed to for any of the other apps we use and don't intend to start now.

I just want to use this app "as advertised".

Bottom line is that you have known about this issue since January and since you set it to "resolved", I guess nobody has even looked at it.

"Resolved" is not the same as "workaround"

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:58 am

Hi Jeff,

Wow - I can see why you want to avoid iTunes!
I'll update the tag on the thread.

You're right, we hadn't looked at it, because so as we could tell, there was a work-around; we forgot to update the manual! (Tim is now correcting the wording in the manual....)

This should be resolved for you in the next version of Mixtikl, thanks to our issue-tracking system.

As for time scales: our rough idea is that once the audio engine update work is complete (a few months yet), I think we're planning to refresh both Noatikl and Mixtikl. We always have a lot of stuff to work on; we have to prioritise very carefully....

If this is really time-critical for you, I guess we could "down-tools", dig-out the old code, and work to implement a change in the app, and push that through the app store review queue (which normally takes a few weeks). You'll simply need to let us know if you rate the issue as that level of urgency.

Best wishes,

Pete

jeffm

Postby jeffm » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:15 am

impete wrote:Hi Jeff,
If this is really time-critical for you, I guess we could "down-tools", dig-out the old code, and work to implement a change in the app, and push that through the app store review queue (which normally takes a few weeks). You'll simply need to let us know if you rate the issue as that level of urgency.

I guess it's not that time critical but it is a feature I look forward to seeing in the next release.

I might try setting up iTunes on an old laptop I don't use any more and only use it for connecting the iPad for data transfers.

Thanks for your quick replies and a great bit of software.

impete
Site Admin

Re: [Work-around] Sending MIDI files from iPad

Postby impete » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:05 am

Hi Jeff,

That is great - many thanks for your patience!!

Best wishes,

Pete

Return to “Bug Reports”