[Resolved] Mixtikl 5 - Noatikl Seed - Fixed Pattern no sound

Tell us what doesn't work as it should
corebe
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

[Resolved] Mixtikl 5 - Noatikl Seed - Fixed Pattern no sound

Postby corebe » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:27 pm

All of the other Noatikl Seed patterns work fine?

If I change the Nt parameters from <100 B 240 0> to <100 R 240 0>, then I get sound? In the manual it says that this changes Pattype (pattern type?) from 'both' to 'rhythm'? I am not real sure all that this means but this seems to be the root of the problem I am having?

I have looked at the trouble shooting ideas about this and have found no solution?

I am running Windows 7 64 bit operating system.

Please help. Thanks

Umcorps
Platinum

Re: In Mixtikl 5 - Noatikl Seed - Fixed Pattern always no so

Postby Umcorps » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:37 pm

<100 B 240 0> is a full bar rest so will always be silent.

If you try something like <100 B 240 1> that will give you a full bar of the root note of the current scale rule.

And <100 B 60 1 60 2 60 3 60 4 > will give you four consecutive quarter notes from the current scale rule starting from the root.

<100 R 240 0> translates as "give me a random note of one full bar length followed by a random note of zero length". So you'll just hear a single random note. If that's what you want, you only need to enter <100 R 240 >

Hope that helps. Pattern syntax is probably the most difficult area of Noatikl and writing patterns has always been my least favourite task.

corebe
Bronze

Postby corebe » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:03 pm

I have been doing the Deep Edit tutorials on YouTube and in most of them he starts with the default Fixed Pattern <100 B 240 0> format and he changes it to <100 R 240 0> and gets sound before he makes any deeper changes at all...

I guess I thought that the default pattern by itself should give you something since you can load it from the provided patterns in the folder under the title "sub pattern - 1 bar rest: <100 B 240 0>".

I am sure your reply makes sense but I will need to study the Noatikl manual syntax section some to really understand and I will do that. Thanks so much for clarifying.

Umcorps
Platinum

Postby Umcorps » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:51 am

corebe wrote:I have been doing the Deep Edit tutorials on YouTube and in most of them he starts with the default Fixed Pattern <100 B 240 0> format and he changes it to <100 R 240 0> and gets sound before he makes any deeper changes at all...

Sorry if that caused confusion. In focussing on the synth editing I forgot to tidy up the pattern syntax properly and just left the redundant zero in there. To be 100% clear, I probably should have deleted that trailing zero after I change the string to the rhythmic pattern type. :oops:

I guess I thought that the default pattern by itself should give you something since you can load it from the provided patterns in the folder under the title "sub pattern - 1 bar rest: <100 B 240 0>".

That's a very good point.

corebe
Bronze

Postby corebe » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:50 am

These are wonderful programs but a bit confusing at times for some of us who are more like musical/programming hackers than true musician/programmers.

I didn't realize that you were the one doing the Deep Edit series...so double thanks, these tutorials are helping a lot!

I hope you will do more,

and thanks again for your help with this issue.

Umcorps
Platinum

Postby Umcorps » Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:28 pm

No problem.

Glad the videos are useful!

Return to “Bug Reports”