[Resolved] 5.1.0.6 Open dialog - where's my music? Mac Lion

Tell us what doesn't work as it should
oldlibmike
Platinum
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

[Resolved] 5.1.0.6 Open dialog - where's my music? Mac Lion

Postby oldlibmike » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:21 pm

EDIT - OK, I see its moved locations AGAIN.
So now, my mixes are supposed to be in ~/Library/Containers/com.intermorphic.mixtikl/Data/Library/Mixtikl/intermorphic/mixtikl/paks/User_Content.

Intuitive? Not so much.

If I wasn't an ex Linux-geek, I don't think I would have found it. So, THIS is where I move all the mixes I made in the prior version which used (~/Library/Mixtikl/intermorphic/mixtikl/paks)?

This warrants a release note at the very least. I love that you support Macs (sort of), but please help me out with future releases by letting me know where you move the mixes next time you change your minds.

Mike

Hi,
I've bought 3 copies of Mixtikl so far (2 on OSX pre-app store and post app-store, as well as the iOS version).

Looking at the new interface on Mac Lion. Nice.
However, pressing the open file button shows me tons of nice demo selections. There is no way to change directories and as far as I can tell, no way to open my existing mixtikls which still live in ~/Library/Mixtikl/intermorphic/mixtikl/paks.

Do I need to manually relocate them? Why no change directory option? Where do they go in THIS version?

Thanks,
Mike

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: 5.1.0.6 Open dialog - where's my music? Mac Lion

Postby imtim » Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:17 am

Hi Mike

Sorry about not documenting this correctly, which I think is my bad as Pete told me but it got lost in translation (i.e. the pile of things I had to do). :(

My understanding is that due to a new requirement from Apple wrt sandboxing for apps sold via the Mac App Store we had to change to where Mixtikl stores files.

As you rightly noted, Mixtikl files for the Mixtikl 5.1.0.6 + App Store version (free/full) are now saved and loaded to/from this folder:
~/Library/Containers/com.intermorphic.mixtikl/Data/Library/Mixtikl/intermorphic/mixtikl/paks/User_Content/

Whereas they used to be here instead:
~/Library/Mixtikl/intermorphic/mixtikl/paks/User_Content/

Simply move your files from the former to the new directory. You may need to restart Mixtikl.

Apologies again. I will edit the release notes to include this.

Thanks for alerting us to our oversight,

atb

tim

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: 5.1.0.6 Open dialog - where's my music? Mac Lion

Postby impete » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:24 am

Hi Mike!

Apologies from me too - we prepared all that info to go with the release, but it somehow went missing in the release notes!!

Just to confirm what Tim said: the basic background is that the location has changed due to Apple's new sand-boxing requirements for apps, which is great for user security, but a pain as apps transition across to revised document locations!

Best wishes,

Pete

Return to “Bug Reports”