Mixtikl quit unexpectedly

Tell us what doesn't work as it should
Embers
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Mixtikl quit unexpectedly

Postby Embers » Sun May 05, 2013 8:34 am

Hi everyone,

I hadn't used Mixtikl for a short while and when I came back and tried to open the program I got the error message 'Mixtikl quit unexpectedly. Click Reopen to open the application....etc', with a white exclamation mark in a yellow triangle. I tried 'Reopen' and got the same result. I have tried uninstalling all components and reinstalling Mixtikl from the App store, which appeared to go ok, but I got exactly the same message when I tried to open the program. I'm wondering about a clash with another program - are there any known to clash with Mixtikl? Or is there another (hopefully easy!!) answer to this problem. I am using a MacBook (Intel) & Snow Leopard.

Many thanks for any help!
Pat

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Mixtikl quit unexpectedly

Postby impete » Sun May 05, 2013 4:11 pm

Hi Pat,

Many thanks for getting in touch - and very sorry to hear about your problem!

I'm not aware of any specific problem with Mixtikl - so the easiest thing to do is probably, when the crash next happens, press the "Report" button. Please copy the text out of the window that is displayed, and mail this to us here at support at Intermorphic dot com.

We can then take a look at this crash report, and hopefully use it to figure-out what is causing your problem, and suggest whatever you might need to do to resolve it!

I should say that historically, there have sometimes been issues with Macs that have had 3rd-party Web Cams attached. If you have any external audio or video attached to your Mac, I'd suggest you unplug them from your Mac, and re-try Mixtikl.

Looking forward to hearing back from you,

Best wishes,

Pete

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Sat May 11, 2013 8:14 pm

Hi Embers,

I've just responded via mail.

I've looked into this, and I think that issue is that you're using the latest 64-bit version of Mixtikl that requires Mac OS 10.7 or later, but on a Mac that is only 10.6.8 ...!

So, hopefully we can resolve this for you soon... maybe by moving you over to a older plug-in version that works on your version of Mac OS (10.6.8).

Best wishes,

Pete

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:32 am

Hi!

Please also refer to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1802&p=7716

I have finally been able to track-down and fix this bug - having bought a new Web Cam over Christmas purely to try to solve the problem! - and it'll be in the next round of updates.

Best wishes,

Pete

Return to “Bug Reports”