Mixtikl iOS Not Importing iTunes shared audio loop - quits

Tell us what doesn't work as it should
markartsf
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Mixtikl iOS Not Importing iTunes shared audio loop - quits

Postby markartsf » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:53 pm

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I've been trying for a while to import audio loops shared from my Mac via iTunes file sharing. When I make the menu selection the OK button seems to freeze and while I was trying to copy over a decent number of audio files, it appears to then quit, and upon relaunch, the files do not show up in User Content as I think is what's mentioned in the documentation?

I have a huge library of loops on the Mac that I'd like to make available to Mixtikl on the iPad; any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Mixtikl iOS Not Importing iTunes shared audio loop - qui

Postby impete » Thu May 01, 2014 10:08 am

Hi Mark,

Just following-up on this; the files would need to be in WAV or Ogg format.

Did you ever resolve your problem?

Best wishes,

Pete

markartsf

Postby markartsf » Thu May 01, 2014 9:30 pm

No I haven't worked it out yet, although it may be an iTunes file sharing problem of some sort rather than a Mixtikl problem. On my iPad Air when I choose to Import>Files Via iTunes, I get a dialog asking if I want to OK the transfer of these files, and it appears that the OK button freezes with the result that no files are synced, or copied to the Mac for further work.

You were right I had .aiff files in the folder and although .wav files were added and .aiff files deleted, the iTunes file sharing area still showed the former .aiff files in there, causing the same behavior. Is it possible I have the intermorphic folder in the wrong place on my hard drive?

The Mixtikl sounds are really great and I love the program. I'd like to resolve it at some point.

Cheers,

Mark

markartsf

Postby markartsf » Thu May 01, 2014 10:27 pm

If someone might tell me where the intermorphic folder should have gone, I could solve the problem. I wouldn't have done it intentionally, but somehow the directory got moved..... this is Mac OS X Mavericks.

Thanks,

Mark

markartsf wrote:No I haven't worked it out yet, although it may be an iTunes file sharing problem of some sort rather than a Mixtikl problem. On my iPad Air when I choose to Import>Files Via iTunes, I get a dialog asking if I want to OK the transfer of these files, and it appears that the OK button freezes with the result that no files are synced, or copied to the Mac for further work.

You were right I had .aiff files in the folder and although .wav files were added and .aiff files deleted, the iTunes file sharing area still showed the former .aiff files in there, causing the same behavior. Is it possible I have the intermorphic folder in the wrong place on my hard drive?

The Mixtikl sounds are really great and I love the program. I'd like to resolve it at some point.

Cheers,

Mark

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby imtim » Fri May 09, 2014 5:36 pm

markartsf wrote:If someone might tell me where the intermorphic folder should have gone, I could solve the problem. I wouldn't have done it intentionally, but somehow the directory got moved..... this is Mac OS X Mavericks.

Hi Mark

I don't know how you would have lost the folder, but no worries. I take it you mean on the Mac? The whole file transfer/folder side of things is something we are working on improving, to make it much easier.

In the interim, the details are here: http://www.intermorphic.com/tiklpaks/#iOS

If anything is not right or clear, please let us know.

Best wishes, tim

Return to “Bug Reports”