Tap functionality

Tell us what doesn't work as it should
slipstick
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Tap functionality

Postby slipstick » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:03 pm

Question rather than bug I suspect. But when I set up anything with track rule = tap, whether it's generative or audio (.wav) I can only get it to play one note. Have I set something up wrong or is that what it's supposed to do ? I was rather hoping for a small fragment of music, perhaps a bar of generated or one run through the audio loop .wav file.

BTW both Noatikl and Mixtikl are brilliant software. I haven't had so much fun for ages trying to get to grips with them.

Steve

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Tap functionality

Postby imtim » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:55 pm

Hi,

Setting a track with track rule to be of Tap Play (http://www.intermorphic.com/mixtikl/guide/#mixer) means that in the Vis screen, when you tap it a note will play. The sound used for the note is that of the PSE network for the content in the cell. Tap play does not work for Audio loops, just generative content (and to make sure the content stays in that cell, leave the Gen Bars as set to Infinite [the default]).

If you want to have just one bar of content play, then set up the track with track rule to be One Shot. Then, to play that cell through once tap/hold it. If using generative content, ensure the Gen Bars value is set to how many bars you want it to play for!

Hope that helps!

atb

tim

Return to “Bug Reports”