Tell us what doesn't work as it should
ai_chimes
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

NME Generator Editor problem on Mixtikl AZ for Android

Postby ai_chimes » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:01 am

Hi

I cannot access the NME Generator Editor on Mixtikl AZ for Android, to let me change the NME parameters.

Is this feature available on the Android version?

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: NME Generator Editor problem on Mixtikl AZ for Android

Postby imtim » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi

Yes, it is possible to edit the NME parameters in in Mixtikl 7 AZ, but you are unable to edit the NME networks (how the voices are connected). Please ensure you have the latest version (Mixtikl 7 AZ v7.1.20) as the version before this had a bug that prevented the Generative button from working.

Also note that the Mixtikl NME editors are NOT the same as the Noatikl editors in that they are very much more simple.

See: http://intermorphic.com/mixtikl/guide/#generator-editor and the Generator Network screen above that in the guide.

Hope that helps,

atb

tim

ai_chimes
Bronze

Postby ai_chimes » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:20 pm

Hi, Tim

I have the latest version installed (v7.1.20). Also, the 'Generative' button works fine, and I have no problems with launching the 'PSE Network Editor'. The only problem I have is when I tap one of the left hand generator buttons to launch the 'NME Generator Editor' all that happens is the whole screen temporarily fills with what look like blank midi, synth and FX buttons (see screenshot below)

[ can't post images :( ]

( try this - i.imgur[dot]com/g6G1FZE.png )

Also, if I hold down the same generator button I am able to draw a red connecting line to one of those blank buttons.

My phone is a Vodaphone Smart Prime 6 running Android v5.0.2 Lollipop

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:52 pm

Hi, thanks. I was able to see the image which helped me understand your issue.

I have just double checked and the screen you grabbed is what you see if you tap and hold a left hand voice button. To see the NME editors you need to quickly tap (i.e. tap and release) a left hand voice button (again, just double checked!).

NB: Although you are able to change the network, the change is not saved when the file is saved (just try opening the mix file again). Sorry if that bit was not clear!

Hope that helps!

ai_chimes
Bronze

Postby ai_chimes » Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:57 pm

Sorry, I wish it was that easy too, but no, tapping does nothing but show the same screen of blank buttons, only for just a split-second.

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:03 pm

I have double checked myself on a test phone and it works for me so I don't understand why it is not working for you. :(

Could you try opening one of the included Demo Mixes, e.g."Demo - Melodics" and try on one of the cells in that?

ai_chimes
Bronze

Postby ai_chimes » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:13 pm

Just tried "Demo Melodics" - exact same negative result. However, I began tapping extremely light-and-fast taps and managed to get the NME window to show up once. I tried again but couldn't get it a second time.

Can you confirm that you have this working perfectly on a Vodaphone Prime 6?

ai_chimes
Bronze

Postby ai_chimes » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:54 pm

[ UPDATE ]

First things first: Thanks to Tim for his efforts to help at 10pm on a Friday evening (I hope they're paying you well) :)

The current facts, in summary (for myself as much as anyone else). . .

* Owner (me) of a 'Vodafone Smart Prime 6' running 'Android Lollipop v5.0.2' still cannot access the 'NME Generator Editor'

* The problem is either with my phone, the software, or more likely - a mismatch between the two. (PS - the phone is brand new and everything else seems to work perfectly)

* The virtual buttons in question have (or should have) a dual mode, whereby a quick-tap does one thing and a long-press-and-hold does another. This is not happening (on my particular phone). My quick-taps are being registered as long-presses and this is preventing me from accessing the NME Generator Editor.

* In addition. I have tried re-installing the app which did not fix the problem. I have also re-installed the free Mixtikl GP version and found the same problem there.

So, hopefully someone out there can test to see if this same problem exists on their 'Vodafone Smart Prime 6' (a popular model - millions sold). If it doesn't, then maybe I can try a factory reset or something similar.

No rush . . . Monday is fine . . . Have a nice weekend :)

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:35 pm

Hi

We have not tested on the Vodaphone device per se, but we do have other Android test devices on which is worked OK for both Pete and I...

However, as you are having an issue we have changed the behaviour of MT for Android so that tap/hold only kicks in after 1 second. This will be in the next update which we hope to make available next week.

Hope that helps!

atb

tim

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:56 pm

Hi!

I've reviewed the app on my Samsung SIII mini (very old!) and it worked fine for me.

However, I've modified the Android version such that it should work fine for this control even on a very unresponsive device.

I hope that we'll be able to push this update soon; we're pulling together a batch of app updates that I hope can go live in a few days, and the update would be in that round of app refreshes.

Best wishes,

Pete

ai_chimes
Bronze

Postby ai_chimes » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:12 pm

Thanks, Tim and Pete.

Hopefully the update will work out for me. Does the app auto-update or do I need to reinstall?

Incidentally, I tried out Mixtikl GP on a female friend's Vodafone-Smart-Prime-6 and found the very same problem. So this fix, if it works, should help many others.

Will give final feedback after the update. Thanks again.

ai_chimes
Bronze

Postby ai_chimes » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:43 am

Just to let you know ...

I noticed that the free version on G Apps had been updated - I downloaded that and it worked perfectly :)

When will the paid version on amazon be updated?

thanks

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:51 am

It is already there :). 7.2.0. We will shortly be updating our webpages to reflect that... atb!

ai_chimes
Bronze

Postby ai_chimes » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi

Am still waiting for the update to appear on Amazon. The text on the amazon page says it's been updated, but when I download it it's still the same older version '7.1.20' with the same problem.

Maybe I'm not uninstalling the older version completely enough?

Is there anything I need to know about the updating procedure for Amazon apps?

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:21 am

Hi

Not sure why you are not able to install 7.1.20, as it is there. If you load the Amazon Appstore and then from the side menu select "My Apps" you should then see a tab labelled "Updates". If you select that tab, is there no Mixtikl update showing?

NB: We are shortly to upload another update that we hope fixes another bug.

Best wishes

Tim

Return to “Bug Reports”