getting koan pro to play sound

No longer supported precursor to Noatikl
zombiedepot

getting koan pro to play sound

Postby zombiedepot » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:13 pm

I've been stuck using my older computer with Window XP, and it uses the Roland Edirol Virtual Sound Canvas. My problem is I can't get Koan Pro to play anything no matter what I try.

I fiddled with the settings for an hour or so and even disabled the Roland VSC emulator. So I'm stuck, does Koan Pro work with XP?

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: getting koan pro to play sound

Postby imtim » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:30 am

zombiedepot wrote:I've been stuck using my older computer with Window XP, and it uses the Roland Edirol Virtual Sound Canvas. My problem is I can't get Koan Pro to play anything no matter what I try.

I fiddled with the settings for an hour or so and even disabled the Roland VSC emulator. So I'm stuck, does Koan Pro work with XP?

It is possible that this is because you are using pieces you have created yourself that are set to play with softsynth patches and there are none applied (both default setting in Koan Pro when selecting File New and not going from a template).

In your piece, go to View 12 (Ctrl + shift +2). Check that the 7th parameter (Use Koan Synth Engine?) is set to No. When set to No, it plays through the MIDI synth you have selected.

To set that, from the main menu select Option > Setup > MIDI Output Device.

Yes, Koan Pro does for the main work in XP.

Hope that gets you going...

Return to “Koan [old]”