Koan Generative Music ?

No longer supported precursor to Noatikl
cytrek
antispam_b: 2

Koan Generative Music ?

Postby cytrek » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:59 pm

Why isn't the program available anymore? I cant find the program anywhere to try it out. It would be cool if it was still around. Also miniMIXA. why cant you guys release these programs once again?

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:58 pm

Hi Cytrek!

Why isn't the program available anymore? I cant find the program anywhere to try it out. It would be cool if it was still around. Also miniMIXA. why cant you guys release these programs once again?

Well, the thing is that another company ended-up with the IP for both Koan and miniMIXA when Tao folded (Tao acquired SSEYO a few years back). So we have no rights to either product, which are both effectively dead.

Hence our creating noatikl, which was inspired by what we'd done before but has been created totally from the ground-up over the past several months. We've created noatikl to be a very focused generative music engine and associated set of plug-in tools, and in my opinion noatikl works far, far better than Koan ever did. :)

The word from our Beta testers is that it does all the good things that Koan used to, and also all of the good things that Koan didn't do. :) But of course, you'll just have to try it out for yourself when we release it in a few days. 8)

All the best!

Pete

cytrek

super cool

Postby cytrek » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:15 pm

Cant wait to hear the amazing things I'll be able to do with noatikl. :D
Generative music is the future :!:

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:54 pm

Yes: generative art offers so much. And it is a lot of fun to create tools that allow artists to use generative techniques. :)

Return to “Koan [old]”