Drove End

Postby Umcorps » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:00 am

A still place.

http://bit.ly/l2tO5x

will green
Bronze

Re: Drove End

Postby will green » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:51 pm

This is wonderful; listened to it in the background all morning.
Did you make it entirely on the stock Mixtikl v3 release or did you use some of your own Noatikl file?

Umcorps
Platinum
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Postby Umcorps » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:09 pm

Glad you like it!

It's all made from template voices taken from the GenMix 7 pak, although they have had various degrees of voice editing in this mix.

If I'd used custom noatikl files it wouldnt be possible to share the mix like this. Whe you edit voices in a mix you only save the changes in the mix file. The underlying voice isn't altered. So you have to have the original voice in the right path for the mix to work as designed. I think this is one of the reasons why all the paks are now included in the bundle. That way, everyone has the same core content to begin with.

will green
Bronze

Postby will green » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:11 am

That being the case, I'm doubly impressed.
And thanks for that bit about whats being save in file. I have a lot to learn about Mixtikl. :mrgreen:

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby imtim » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:52 pm

Thank for posting Mark, it is a beaut :)

zadude
Bronze

Postby zadude » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:24 pm

Nice mix - it is very soothing -complex and simple at the same time.

Wish I better knew how to work in Mixtikl - is there one reference you would recommend that gives you the basics to re-create mixes - I tend to do a lot of shuffling - then hitting what I like and make slight tweaks but I would really like to add my own sounds and loops to really create something here.

Often I use Mixtikl as in inspiration in composing - and take one of my random tracks slightly tweaked - lay it down as a bed track, then record on top of it and often take away the Mixtikl bed track and have something completely new and original. I truly would like to start creating originally in Mixtikl though.

Thanks,

Rick

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby impete » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:50 pm

The Noatikl editor in Mixtikl 3.1 will help you come up with really unique stuff... :)

Best wishes,

Pete

Umcorps
Platinum

Postby Umcorps » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:02 am

zadude wrote:Wish I better knew how to work in Mixtikl - is there one reference you would recommend that gives you the basics to re-create mixes - I tend to do a lot of shuffling - then hitting what I like and make slight tweaks but I would really like to add my own sounds and loops to really create something here.

At the moment there isn't much alternative to ploughing through the user guide. I know Tim, Pete and at least one other Mixtikl user have more video demos in the pipeline. I'd be more than happy to do add to the video demos collection if I had a clearer idea of what people would find most useful. Making good demos takes time so if I'm going to do that I'd like to spend it well. :D

There really is a huge amount of detailled info in the user guide; it even includes an introduction to synthesis concepts and techniques for newcomers to the topic. Grab the pdf version and keep it on your device - or your desktop. I keep a permanent link to the web version of the manual on my studio Mac desktop.

Adding your own sounds or loops is fairly easy to do if you are talking about audio samples, meaning the basic techniques are no different from making content for hardware or software samplers. Making your own generative content from scratch is a *lot* more challenging. There is a huge amount you can achieve, modifying the content of the current paks, without needing to go down that route. Especially in 3.1 where you can pretty much rewrite the generative behaviour of a cell to suit your needs.

Plus, as I said above, if you use that approach, your mixes are always portable.

Return to “Shared mixes”