Share Mixtikl URLs to mixes you have made
Umcorps
Platinum
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

In the ring

Postby Umcorps » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:09 am

http://bit.ly/po9N3k

I discovered last night that somewhere along the way of Mixtikl updates, the ring modulation option had been restored to normal operation (it had been a bit wayward in some earlier builds).

So I had a bit of a reunion with the facility and reminded myself of all sorts of lovely possibilities in there - so much so that I think the next deep edit tutorial will be on audio rate modulations in both amplitude and frequency.

While I get my head around that rather large and deep topic, here's a teaser mix from last night's playtime. The "string synth" pads are all created through ring modulation - it's not just for Dalek voices.

The bell is a mod of one of the pak voices, made a bit more bright with a touch of ring modulation.

All synth - no samples. 8)

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: In the ring

Postby impete » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:57 am

The weird thing is that I don't remember (specifically) fixing it. :)

Pete

Umcorps
Platinum
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Postby Umcorps » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:32 pm

impete wrote:The weird thing is that I don't remember (specifically) fixing it. :)

That's OK - I don't remember when it broke :mrgreen:

I do know it was ages ago so I just left it alone and got on without it. Forgot about it to be honest. It was purely an accidental click on the check box that alerted me to the fact it was working properly again and, got to say, its great that its back. There aren't that many options for audio rate modulation in Partikl (for obvious reasons!) so its really good to have it back in the repertoire. It's very flexible and diverse in the sounds you can achieve with it. Plus it's probably simpler to use than FM.

I think that's what's called "a result" isn't it? :D

Mark

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby impete » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:52 pm

I think you're right! :)

Return to “Shared mixes”