I can't seem to download any mixes anymore...

Share Mixtikl URLs to mixes you have made
youngeddie
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

I can't seem to download any mixes anymore...

Postby youngeddie » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:45 am

Hello,

I used to be able to download mixes from the forum and use them as starting points for Mixtikl. Now when I try I am sent to the Mixtikl home page, but I already have the latest version of the software.

Did something change? I would really like to be able to get those mixes like in the past.

Thanks for your help!!

Eddie

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: I can't seem to download any mixes anymore...

Postby imtim » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:41 am

Hi Eddie

Please see this post which explains how to do it:
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=922

Best wishes,

tim

youngeddie
Bronze

Postby youngeddie » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:21 am

Thanks Tim!

I will.

Eddie

youngeddie
Bronze

Postby youngeddie » Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:44 am

Hi Tim,

Okay... I looked at the link that you so kindly sent. I still don't get it. If I get that free app, that will allow me to send the file to Mixtikl??

I watched the video with no words that goes by so fast that I'm more confused after watching it. (There's a good chance that I'm a visual learner... the wordless video never work for me, and this one goes at lightning speed!!)

So... can you tell me what the black and blue dots mean? Maybe that's a simpler concept that I can handle. Ha!

I have a solo Cello gig in a few days and I wanted to use Mixtikl to create backing tracks and it's a bit of a struggle. Thanks for your help.

Take care,

Eddie

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby imtim » Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:10 am

Hi Eddie

youngeddie wrote:I looked at the link that you so kindly sent. I still don't get it. If I get that free app, that will allow me to send the file to Mixtikl??

Sorry, no. The Wotja app is just if you wanted to publish a Music URL now that Mixtikl (with Mixtikl 7) does not support exporting them.

If you just want to get an older Mixtikl Music URL (i.e. one on the forum) into Mixitkl 7, then, as noted, simply copy the URL (right click on it and select Copy Link) and then in Mixtikl 7, from the Menu select Import. If you now go to the mix screen you will see the mix has been imported.

youngeddie wrote:I watched the video with no words that goes by so fast that I'm more confused after watching it. (There's a good chance that I'm a visual learner... the wordless video never work for me, and this one goes at lightning speed!!)

Sorry... there was a lot to cover. :). We also have 3 quick and easy to walk through tutorials which you can find here: http://intermorphic.com/mixtikl/guide/#tutorials

youngeddie wrote:So... can you tell me what the black and blue dots mean? Maybe that's a simpler concept that I can handle. Ha!

I think you may be referring to the dots on screen that relate to the Gen Bars and Cell Repeat settings. These define how many bars generative content will play for in a cell before play moves to the next cell in the track (if a sequenced track) and also how many time the cell will repeat. See here: http://intermorphic.com/mixtikl/guide/#contentcell

youngeddie wrote:I have a solo Cello gig in a few days and I wanted to use Mixtikl to create backing tracks and it's a bit of a struggle. Thanks for your help.

OK, understood. Mixitkl is really about creating mixes of ambient generative music. You could try using one of the included demos. Or, just go Menu > New > Random (see: http://intermorphic.com/mixtikl/guide/#new) and see what you come up with.

Hope that gets you going!

Best wishes

Tim

NB: I have removed your email address from the original post

Return to “Shared mixes”