Wotja 'Shuffle' and languges?

Generative Creativity System
Loopy C
Platinum
antispam_b: 2

Wotja 'Shuffle' and languges?

Postby Loopy C » Fri May 02, 2014 7:39 am

Hey guys, enjoying exploring the possibilities of Wotja with MIDI out and the random function (and have made all the in-app purchases so go treat yourselves a deluxe Top Ramen sixpack and await that gigantic App Store royalty check :D).

Special thanks for the MIDI OUT!!! My ever growing library of synths and Kontakt instruments are loving the change of pace from my usual (and daily) Noatikl tomfoolery (thank goodness for MIDIPIPE and its channel filter, some parental guidance was surely needed for channels 3~14!!!)

I was wondering, did you mean for the 'Language' setting to get shuffled also? I didn't see any 'lock' for that...am I misunderstanding? If I set to 'English' and do a shuffle and go back into settings, it shows another random language other than 'English'.

impete
Site Admin

Re: Wotja 'Shuffle' and languges?

Postby impete » Fri May 02, 2014 8:04 am

Hi Chris,

Great to hear you're having fun with this. I'm sure you'll also be interested to hear that we're working to try to bring MIDI output to Mixtikl. :) Yes, MIDI Pipe is simply wonderful!

Yes, the Speech Language/Locale is intended to be shuffled. Really, it is a guide to the system as to how to pronounce words in a "localized" manner, and we think it is fun/interesting to shuffle this amongst the other variables!

If you're finding this annoying, then I'm sure we can find a way in a future release optionally to lock-down this value through the settings screen.

Best wishes,

Pete

Loopy C
Platinum

Postby Loopy C » Fri May 02, 2014 5:40 pm

impete wrote:Yes, the Speech Language/Locale is intended to be shuffled. Really, it is a guide to the system as to how to pronounce words in a "localized" manner, and we think it is fun/interesting to shuffle this amongst the other variables!

Yeah, that does sound interesting...I was just checking to see if it was on purpose, your explanation certainly makes it sound like a very creative, additional attribute, kudos :D

Loopy C
Platinum

Postby Loopy C » Fri May 02, 2014 5:44 pm

impete wrote:you'll also be interested to hear that we're working to try to bring MIDI output to Mixtikl. :)

Indeed, Mixtikl has been the last hold out for my upgrading, so now that I have three qualifying systems (a IOS, a Mavericks, and a Mountain Lion system though my main day-today machine remains Snow Leopard)...when MIDI out appears that should make the decision easy :D

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:01 am

Hi Chris,

I don't think MIDI output will make it into the *first* release of Mixtikl for Mac, as we've got such time pressures on, and it is a more complex problem than on iOS.

So, we'll just have to see where we get to! :)

Best wishes,

Pete

Segaboy
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Postby Segaboy » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:53 am

I was wondering, did you mean for the 'Language' setting to get shuffled also? I didn't see any 'lock' for that...am I misunderstanding? If I set to 'English' and do a shuffle and go back into settings, it shows another random language other than 'English'.

NAT

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:28 am

did you mean for the 'Language' setting to get shuffled also? I didn't see any 'lock' for that

Hi Nat.

You are correct about the behaviour you describe in the current version. It is something we hope to address at some point. You can turn off speech altogether in Wotja > Settings > Use Speech. Or, if you want, you can turn it off only for the wotja itself in the Change screen (http://wotja.com/guide/#change).

Hope that helps

tim

Return to “Wotja”