Need some help getting started on a new project

Generative Music, MIDI & Idea Generator
wradcliffe
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Need some help getting started on a new project

Postby wradcliffe » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:49 pm

I have been contemplating doing a project that involves setting documents to music. This could be a blog article or press release, or anything. The end result would be to have the words of the document slowly dribbled onto the screen one word at a time or as phrases as the music is generated. The music generation should be influenced by the text. This all seems like functionality that Wotja 4 supports so can you tell me how to do it step by step? I have fiddled in the UI for an hour or two and started reading the manual but not clear how to do it. I have the V4 Pro version to work with so no limits there.

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Need some help getting started on a new project

Postby impete » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:16 am

Hi wradcliffe,

Thanks for getting in touch!

The aim to have the app enable things like you've described, is one of the primary reasons for our text and music apps together into Wotja; it should make it possible for Wotja to allow some neat combined behaviours in the future.

However, the app doesn't yet support such ways of working; those are in longer-term plans, but we're focussed right now on improving the application "as is" (e.g. the overall integration in todays' Wotja 4.4 update, and some work we're doing now in preparation for Wotja 4.5).

So, all I can suggest is that you stick with Wotja, and see where we take it!

And of course, do please feel free to get in touch if you have any more things you'd like us to consider.

With best wishes,

Pete

Return to “Wotja”