Noatikl to Wotja...

Generative Creativity System
animal
Silver
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Noatikl to Wotja...

Postby animal » Sun May 28, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi there. I noticed, the possibility to paste Noatikl-Files into Wotja (Pro 2017) seems to have gone, or I am too stupid to find it?
If it is gone, are there any plans to reincorporate it, or is there a reason for not being able to have this available anymore?
Thanks for clarification, cheers, t

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Noatikl to Wotja...

Postby imtim » Mon May 29, 2017 1:38 pm

Hi Animal

No, we have not removed support for importing/opening Noatikl files.

If you copy/move Noatikl files to the Wotja iCloud Drive folder then you will see them in the Files list (Wotja > Files screen). If you save a content cell in Wotja (Mix tab > Toolbox > Export to File) then in the Template list you will see it under "Saved Files" which is the top item in the Paks list on the left.

Does that help at all?

Atb

tim

animal
Silver

Postby animal » Mon May 29, 2017 2:03 pm

Dear Tim,
thanks for responding. Sadly this doesn't help at all. It used to be possible to import a Noatikl file by copying it to the pasteboard, and in Wotja I could select "custom" and then paste the file (when choosing a pattern to load). The "custom"-entry doesn't seem to be there, anymore.... . The big difference is, you don't have to use a Computer for iCloud upload, but you were able to just go forth inside Wotja while staying on the iPad. Please please bring back this possibility, I need it.
Good greetings, t

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Mon May 29, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi Animal

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I had missed the bit about clipboard :)

You can do this as follows:

In Noatikl iOS, export a file to the clipboard.

In Wotja iOS, open a mix and then tap the content cell you want to import the Noatikl file to and tap the Toolbox icon and then select "Import from Clipboard" (it is near the bottom of the list). The Noatikl file is then imported to that cell. See: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/guide/#files

I agree it would be nice if, in the Files screen Action menu you could import a Noatikl / Mixtikl file from clipboard as the basis for a new File; maybe that is something we could consider in the future (I will need to ask Pete).

Hope that helps!

Atb

tim

animal
Silver

Postby animal » Tue May 30, 2017 6:06 am

Yeeyh, thank you so much, I didn't find it (even after consulting manual and widespread search before bothering you, believe me!). Veeery happy, it is still there, and mangling on for now... .
Best greetings, t

animal
Silver

Postby animal » Tue May 30, 2017 6:08 am

...and:yes, it would be greater still, if importable as the basis for a new file. No hurries, good wishes, t

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Tue May 30, 2017 6:40 am

Hi Tobias

I have now improved the web guide to make this clearer. :) Thanks for your input!

atb

tim

Return to “Wotja”